Author Topic: Pathetic Suicidal Thoughts  (Read 3042 times)

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
I feel so pathetic that I have thoughts of ending my life because of how I feel living with gynecomastia but I can't help the way I feel. The heart knows what it wants, and I just want to feel normal. I've tried my best to keep a positive mind, I guess maybe I'm just not strong enough. I'm not sure where to go from here.

hammer

Well, I'll tell you this much, you are not pathetic because 60% of the male population will have to deal with gynecomastia at some point in their life! Some have it at a younger age others at an older age a still some deal with it all their life!

I'm one of those that have had it all my life and I'll tell you it isn't the end of the world! In my case I've lived a full life without going through surgery having five children and three grandchildren, but you have the option of surgery, so you don't have to live with it if you choose not to!

The other thing is it is not a life ending illness such as cancer! It will not kill you if you do nothing with it! Yes, it can be embarrassing, yes it can affect how you feel about yourself, but those are things that can be changed. Are you going to let those lump of fat, breast tissue and skin control you, or are you going to control them?

Let me ask you this, if you had big ears would that change who you are?

You can handle this, because it is what is in your heart and head that makes you, you, not what is on your chest!

A man or women are only as good as their personality and what is in their heart and inside, what is on the outside is under construction for ever as it changes forever as it ages, I know I've watch myself age, and it changes, always, so what you see today will be different tomorrow!

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Well, I'll tell you this much, you are not pathetic because 60% of the male population will have to deal with gynecomastia at some point in their life! Some have it at a younger age others at an older age a still some deal with it all their life!

I'm one of those that have had it all my life and I'll tell you it isn't the end of the world! In my case I've lived a full life without going through surgery having five children and three grandchildren, but you have the option of surgery, so you don't have to live with it if you choose not to!

The other thing is it is not a life ending illness such as cancer! It will not kill you if you do nothing with it! Yes, it can be embarrassing, yes it can affect how you feel about yourself, but those are things that can be changed. Are you going to let those lump of fat, breast tissue and skin control you, or are you going to control them?

Let me ask you this, if you had big ears would that change who you are?

You can handle this, because it is what is in your heart and head that makes you, you, not what is on your chest!

A man or women are only as good as their personality and what is in their heart and inside, what is on the outside is under construction for ever as it changes forever as it ages, I know I've watch myself age, and it changes, always, so what you see today will be different tomorrow!

Thanks for that much needed pep talk, you're amazing.

hammer

Glad I could help!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We are completely normal. When you simply look at the numbers, males who never have breast enlargement are clearly in the minority.

Grandpa Dan

Offline dan716

• Posting Member
You say that you "feel so pathetic that I have thoughts of ending my life because of how I feel living with gynecomastia.......I've tried my best to keep a positive mind, I guess maybe I'm just not strong enough. I'm not sure where to go from here."

I've been there myself and its a sad predicament. I've got to put it to you though, you say that you keep a positive mindset and yet you're also continuing to live with your gyne!!

If you're living with your gyne and not getting it fixed then you've not got a positive mindset, you've got a negative mindset, and failing to solve your problem.

Agree??

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No I do not agree. I was attracted to this site years ago when a grandson started to have breast enlargement. My current interest is an outgrowth of wanting to help my grandson.

The truth is that I will simply drop out of sight a couple of weeks or a month at a time simply because the site fails to hold my interest. I really do ignore the condition in myself almost all of the time.  My wife is more aware from the standpoint of modesty than I am. Once in a while I'll go to leave the house and she will stop me and have me change what I'm wearing because I am showing a bit too much.

hammer

Paa_Paw, Debbie wouldn't care if I walked out the door without a shirt on! She doesn't care what others would think or say about the big double D boobs I've got, God bless her!

I stay on this site, because I hope I can help a few understand, even though I feel surgery is ok, but not everyone can have surgery,  so acceptance is ok as well! All those bumps are is excess fat, breast tissue and skin and as you have said more then once, it is much more normal to have some enlargement then not!

You and I have seen and have been through so much more in life and know that there is much more that is more important and takes priority over tiny little boobs. I hope that us older guys can help a few younger guys see that. That being said, it is hard enough to get our own kids to listen to us until they get older!

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
You say that you "feel so pathetic that I have thoughts of ending my life because of how I feel living with gynecomastia.......I've tried my best to keep a positive mind, I guess maybe I'm just not strong enough. I'm not sure where to go from here."

I've been there myself and its a sad predicament. I've got to put it to you though, you say that you keep a positive mindset and yet you're also continuing to live with your gyne!!

If you're living with your gyne and not getting it fixed then you've not got a positive mindset, you've got a negative mindset, and failing to solve your problem.

Agree??

I totally agree.  ;)

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
I understand how you guys.  I know it wont happen but I wish there was some kind of meetup group where guys with the condition could meetup in a support group to talk about these issues.  This message board is very helpful.  Am 36 but as a teenager did not understand what was happening to me.  It would have been less distressing if i had support.

I hid it well through  high school and to this day the only people that know are one of my friends who also has it but hes fat so i feel its more exceptable but i am skinny.  Also my first girlfriend but she was so in love with me she did not understand.

The point is like one of the other guys mentioned is not a life threatening illness. Would you trade it for having cancer, being badly burned etc.  It wont stop you from having relationships cus gyno is more a image thing feeling to fit in.  Where all born different no ones perfect and its just made worst by society saying we must be perfect.  Remember all the things that are great about your life family friends and try not to focus on thee negative. You do have the choice of saving up for surgery unlike other conditions people have for life.  Stay positive 

Nathan london uk   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024