Author Topic: Hot flashes and night sweats?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline taxmapper

Makes me wonder at times If I should just get some estrogen and see what happens. 

Brdy64

Makes me wonder at times If I should just get some estrogen and see what happens.
If you suffer from hot flashes it seems to be the best solution. High estrogen foods are available without a prescription. Flax seeds are listed as the most potent consumable source. Supplements can provide even higher doses. 😉

"Beans, grains and seeds all contain plant estrogens, also called phytoestrogens, which are very similar to estrogen. Cornell University explains that at low doses, plant estrogens act the same as estrogen. But at high doses, phytoestrogens can block estrogen or limit its level in the bloodstream."

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I went through manopause for 4 years. Night sweats, severe hot flashes and huge mood swings. It was a nightmare. Still have hot flashes from time to time. Not as severe now and mood swings all but gone. Coming out of the other side of this I am much happier as well as everyone around me. Myself and people around me are much happier now that I am not a testosterone fueled A - hole. Estrogen has been one of the best things that ever happened to me. My wife agrees also.

Brdy64

Yes, Man-opause sucks 😳

Brdy64

Update:

I took my flax seed smoothie (2tbls. of flax powder) this morning with my breakfast. Today was the first day of trying it out. 🤔
Strawberries, pineapple, and milk in it. (Pineapple boosts testosterone)

It didn't taste bad, just kind of nutty. I really enjoyed it. 😋

I normally have a hot flash around 10-11am every day. I have not had one today at all.
I plan on having another smoothie before bed since I almost always get night sweats as well.

So far, so good. 😉
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 03:52:10 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

I mixed up some 'hazelnuts and dates' trail mix.

"Phytoestrogens, found in hazelnuts and coconuts, are foods that promote and support production of Estriol (good estrogen), keeping xenoestrogens at bay."

That will be a good estrogen packed snack I can take with me to the center everyday. 😉

5pm here now, and I have not had a hot flash all day! 😁
I think my new diet has benefited me. 😉

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Been reading a lot or too much lately 

Pointed in the puereria mirifica direction by Upfront (?) it seems to dovetail with my thoughts on my next endocrinology appointment.  That is since TRT is controversial in oldsters why not add a little estrogen to bring up the E2 level to 20 pg/ ml which is a target for females to relieve their hot flashes and help with bone density .
Testosterone manufacturers in corporate literature say that LOH ( late onset hypogonadism) shouldn’t be used in patients with 6 conditions. I have 5 of them albeit to a mild degree 
I will not risk a Cardiac Event.

The diet I have is highly varied and includes many items from Birdie’s list already. To no effect on the massive flashes I get.
The mammogram tech was very understanding as she halted the tests few times to hand me a towel and turned the thermostat down 

I will present this question to the endocrinologist later this month and see what her opinion of the two methods is. I do have long term concerns of losing bone density from this “stew “ as many are wont to call this.

Almost anything to stop the periodic dripping that draws attention in public

Regards, Bob 

Regards, Bob

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Very interesting. What are the 6 conditions?

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
From memory:

Over 65
Hypertension 
History of cancer
MEN ( multiple endocrine neoplasia)
Previous cardiac events ie. heart attack or stroke 
Known risk factors for vascular morbidities ie. high cholesterol or hereditary markers for heart disease 
And now for the oddball : hypospadia

Go figure on that one 

Regards, Bob 

Brdy64

From memory:

Over 65
Hypertension
History of cancer
MEN ( multiple endocrine neoplasia)
Previous cardiac events ie. heart attack or stroke
Known risk factors for vascular morbidities ie. high cholesterol or hereditary markers for heart disease
And now for the oddball : hypospadia

Go figure on that one

Regards, Bob
Hmm, okay I have 4 of the six. 

Brdy64

I will present this question to the endocrinologist later this month and see what her opinion of the two methods is. I do have long term concerns of losing bone density from this “stew “ as many are wont to call this.
My doctor frowns upon supplements, of course all of them are different. It's just this doctor likes to address everything with a prescription med. 

The CNAs here are instructed to check our medicine cabinet for anything not prescribed. That includes vitamins, supplements, and 'over the counter meds'. 
I used to take zinc and tonic water when I was feeling ill, but not even that is allowed under this program.

It's the only program in Texas that allows me independence, but it does have it's down side. To be in the program you must abide by the rules, and there is a waiting list.
It is 'nursing home level of care'.

Diet is also prescribed, and a dietitian reviews my shopping list upon occasion. The 'center' orders my grocery list I provide them, anything not allowed will simply not be purchased. Fruits, nuts, and vegetables of any sort are always allowed. So shopping 'estrogen' friendly can easily fly under the radar.

They have been watching my hormone levels, and have yet to address any of the issues. My low ''T" is brushed aside as being 'Common' in men my age. The hot flashes and night sweats as well. 
My gynecomastia was addressed by referring me to this forum. 

I'm am being left for nature to take its course in that regard, and it's rather distressing on some issues. My only recourse therefore is diet to address my sweating issues. 🤔

Too soon to really tell, but so far so good. 😉
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 06:20:37 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

2am bathroom visit is over, and I have not had 'night sweats'  as of yet.
I actually feel great, it might be all in my head but I feel really good. I think my new 'estrogen rich diet' is working out for me, but then again it's too early to tell.
My chest is sore, but it was already before starting my new diet.
The higher phytoestrogen consumption I'm sure will increase growth, but I don't mind that in the least.

5am, and all night without sweating! 😁
I'm feeling great!

10:40am and still no hot flash. 😉
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:41:12 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

Don't know if my diet change  has anything to do with it, but my nips are rock hard and showing through my 'padded' bra.(estrogen rich) 😳
Very sore and sensitive as well!

(Photo attached)

Brdy64

Update about my hot flashes:

As long as I don't miss a dose of my flax seed smoothie (estrogen rich) I am not having hot flashes nor night sweats. 
It's been a few days now. 
I did get busy and failed to have my morning dose today, and I suffered a hot flash as a result of it. It was rather mild compared to some that I have had. 

I feel great! Much better than I have in years. I think my body was telling me my estrogen was low, and to do something about it. 😉

Breasts are sore and full, nips are hard. I do believe the smoothies are going to be doing other things as well. 🙄

Upfront

As the old song says: They "go together like a horse and carriage"  "you can't have one without the other"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024