Author Topic: 1 week post op....  (Read 6188 times)

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
Its been a weeks since my revision, i had a hematoma two days after, so the doc had to cut me open a suck all the fluids inside...my left chest (the one that had the hematoma) is completely flat, and the right one is still swelling. It feels full of fluid exactly where the gland was. Although my left pec is completely flat, the contour doesnt seem to be harmonious...i mean, if you follow my pec silouette from the arm pit...its all smooth, then 3 inches down it kind of  sticks more to the muscle. Its like if you put a bandage around your chest, and the upper part "pops out" a little.....will this go away???

Thanks

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Give it time. I fount that it took about 3 weeks to get a sense of what the final product might look like. I had a bit of uneven swelling etc. Give it a couple weeks at least and you'll get a real change in the result.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply....days go by very very slowly.....

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
i had/have a similar case. am 2 1/2 months post op and there is still a diffe ence in both sides,although due to massage, the skin on the more depressed side did not remain stuck to the chest,but it has't yet filled back up to it's proper contour.ask your doc about ma sage techniques to free the skin and nipple, coz thats impor ant early on.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
i had/have a similar case. am 2 1/2 months post op and there is still a diffe ence in both sides,although due to massage, the skin on the more depressed side did not remain stuck to the chest,but it has't yet filled back up to it's proper contour.ask your doc about ma sage techniques to free the skin and nipple, coz thats impor ant early on.

When its a good time to start massaging? Im 10 days post op.....still have some swelling.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Since you had a problem with a hematoma, you really need to check with your surgeon about when to start massage.  If you're not well-healed enough, you could stir up some bleeding again with massage.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14126.msg98939#msg98939 date=1211223589]
Since you had a problem with a hematoma, you really need to check with your surgeon about when to start massage.  If you're not well-healed enough, you could stir up some bleeding again with massage.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

George, I've got to ask you; when you suffers from a hematoma, does the skin necessarily have to be blueish?

• Supporting Doctors
Ryan,

No, you can have a hematoma or free blood in absence of skin discoloration.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14126.msg98946#msg98946 date=1211228043]
Ryan,

No, you can have a hematoma or free blood in absence of skin discoloration.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Okey. Thanks for your quick answer  :)

Kind regards.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I went to the PS yesterday for my 10 day checkup, i asked about massaging and he said i shouldnt massage, that the scar tissue should dissapear on its own....what do you guys think? My Ps is not a gynecomastia expert, although he did a very good job with my revision. So should i listen to him, o listen to the other doctors in the board?

Thanks

• Supporting Doctors
It's always best to listen to your surgeon.  The surgeon and the patient together are ultimately responsible for the result.  The surgeon is obliged to educate and instruct the patient on postoperative care, and the patient is obliged to follow his/her instructions.  If there's a problem/complication during the healing process, the surgeon needs to assess and alter postoperative care instructions accordingly.

This is a long-winded way of saying, "You'd better follow your surgeon's instructions".   :P

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I went to the PS yesterday for my 10 day checkup, i asked about massaging and he said i shouldnt massage, that the scar tissue should dissapear on its own....what do you guys think?

Why is everyone so obsessed with massaging? ???

As mentioned above, scar tissue will go away on its own...  Just let MoNa work her magic!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I went to the PS yesterday for my 10 day checkup, i asked about massaging and he said i shouldnt massage, that the scar tissue should dissapear on its own....what do you guys think?

Why is everyone so obsessed with massaging? ???

As mentioned above, scar tissue will go away on its own...  Just let MoNa work her magic!  ;)

GB

Hehehe...im not obssesed with massaging, actually i dont want to do it....But i dont want to mess up my results by not doing it....;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There is no way that you could 'mess up your results' by not massaging.

Ya gotta let your body heal on its own. Don't rush it...  ;)

The body can to amazing things...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024