Author Topic: Can't tell if I have it.... Advice anyone???  (Read 3522 times)

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
Hey guys I'm 22 years old, played sports all my life and stay in good shape.  Don't really have much body fat, but recently started noticing changes in my chest area and starting to think I may have gynecomastia. First started by noticing my nipples getting larger.  You can't tell when they're hard but otherwise you can.  I also can feel a bunch of little lumps when I press down on my nipples, but they don't/have never hurt, just a sensation when pressed on.  I've most recently noticed my chest to be fuller and softer.  Its not really all that noticeable yet but i just noticed even when i flex there's a decent amount of soft/fatty tissue on top of the muscle.  After reading up on it I seem to fit some areas but not others... just wanted some first-hand advice.
~thanx...

Oh and by the way I've never done steroids and not currently on any meds.

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Without some pictures it's really hard to have any idea and or offer an opinion

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Hey guys I'm 22 years old, played sports all my life and stay in good shape.  Don't really have much body fat, but recently started noticing changes in my chest area and starting to think I may have gynecomastia. First started by noticing my nipples getting larger.  You can't tell when they're hard but otherwise you can.  I also can feel a bunch of little lumps when I press down on my nipples, but they don't/have never hurt, just a sensation when pressed on.  I've most recently noticed my chest to be fuller and softer.  Its not really all that noticeable yet but i just noticed even when i flex there's a decent amount of soft/fatty tissue on top of the muscle.  After reading up on it I seem to fit some areas but not others... just wanted some first-hand advice.
~thanx...

Oh and by the way I've never done steroids and not currently on any meds.

It is the holiday season. Many of us eat more than we should, which leads to weight gain. It's possible that you've gained weight if you're just now starting to notice your chest getting fatter. It would be especially helpful if you could post a picture. Although, absent any hormonal imbalances, it's fairly rare for a 22 year old to develop gynecomastia. Gyne is a condition that generally develops during puberty, as a result of testosterone imbalances, and sometimes in older males.

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
Yea I hear ya.   The thing is if anything I've lost weight, plus I've been sick through Christmas.... The growth is something that I've noticed very gradually over the last 8 months or so.  I'll try to come up with a pic, but I'm afraid it may not do much justice.  It doesn't look too bad unless compared to what I was before.  My biggest concern has just been the change in my nipples and texture of breast tissue since the growth isn't completely noticeable to others yet... And from what I've read it is a little uncommon at my age since I had no complications in puberty, that's why I'm a bit confused even though most symptoms seem to fit.  Plus I'm not really sure how long gynecomastia takes to develop seeing as mine has been fairly gradual.

Offline ChrisK

• Posting Member
I'm a new guy here too so its really hard to say. 

Your best bet is to see a doctor and have them check it out.

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Yea I hear ya.   The thing is if anything I've lost weight, plus I've been sick through Christmas.... The growth is something that I've noticed very gradually over the last 8 months or so.  I'll try to come up with a pic, but I'm afraid it may not do much justice.  It doesn't look too bad unless compared to what I was before.  My biggest concern has just been the change in my nipples and texture of breast tissue since the growth isn't completely noticeable to others yet... And from what I've read it is a little uncommon at my age since I had no complications in puberty, that's why I'm a bit confused even though most symptoms seem to fit.  Plus I'm not really sure how long gynecomastia takes to develop seeing as mine has been fairly gradual.

Given that this has been gradual, I would go see an endocrinologist as soon as possible. You may have a hormonal imbalance. If you catch it early enough, you can fix it and stop new growth. Make an appointment with your primary care physician today if you can. Gynecomastia is one of the few cosmetic problems that we, as men, can halt early on if we're educated.

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
Also reading about it it keeps mentioning a rubbery disk-like mass, is this always true, because mine feels more like a cluster of lumps... they also move freely but are confined mostly under the nipples, but I certainly wouldn't call it "disk-shapes".

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
Also reading about it it keeps mentioning a rubbery disk-like mass, is this always true, because mine feels more like a cluster of lumps... they also move freely but are confined mostly under the nipples, but I certainly wouldn't call it "disk-shapes".

Same as mine mate, and i often have wondered about this, mine is like you say a cluster of lumps, i have lumps under each nipple then directly behind the nipples there is a space, above the nipples there is another lump that kind of feels long ish and its runs down into the armpit area!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Under the nipples there is a fine layer of muscle cells and they can be stimulated by any rubbing or even slight changes in temperature. This would make your nipples stand up at some times and lay flat at other times. This is normal whether or not you have Gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
I'd suggest you to post some pic bro :)

Offline blackhawk

• Posting Member
Thanks (Celts) its really hard to describe because it doesn't feel like most descriptions, but its definitely different. Anyways here are a few pics sry it took so long we've been buried in snow the past week down south.  I apologize in advance because i know its not as severe as most of you guys but i feel noticeable changes and wanted opinions from those who've been down this road.  Thanks again for your replies...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Simply stand normally. When you intentionally pose yourself to exaggerate the breasts,  we cannot really tell a thing.

A simple, natural, relaxed pose tells us a lot more.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024