Author Topic: Still there after 88 pounds lost [Pitchers]...  (Read 9254 times)

Offline HackEmOff

• Posting Member
No yes... I have increased my calories recently and do not plan on going below 1300-1400. In fact, I have taken a break from dieting and exercising for now, but I continue to monitor my weight to make sure things don't get out of hand. I would like to start weight training, I used to be pretty muscular, but I don't know how my chest is going to turn out.

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
I was going to say the same thing about the calories. 800-1000 calories a day for an adult male is extremely unhealthy, and any qualified physician would object quite strenuously to such severe caloric restriction. Obviously you'll lose weight when you limit yourself to 1000 calories or less, but some of the weight you'll lose is muscle. Your body will basically start to consume itself. And it will retain fat, because it thinks it is being starved to death.

Not only is this bad for your muscles, it's also bad for your organs and your brain.

If you were living a sedentary lifestyle (no exercise or activity), 1200-1300 calories a day would be OK for weight loss. But if you're exercising, you should be getting at least 1400-1600 calories a day. Anything less is dangerous. Very bad for your kidneys and your heart. People have been known to drop dead from following that kind of diet regimen.  :(

Offline gofast_er

• Posting Member
Hard exercise, I started out at 30 min, then in subsequent weeks and months added 30 extra minutes and another and another... now, whenever I don't have any exams to study for or any assignments to do, I try to get in around 2 hours of exercise each day nearly every day of the week, jogging & interval sprinting, and hard rowing. I try to consume no more than 850-1000 calories.

But as of yet all this effort still hasn't taken much away from the excess around my chest area, and I was wondering if further weight loss would make a difference. I will lose at least 25 more lbs in the next few weeks, but it doesn't look promising.

I had gotten fully ocd about running and eating. I was eating very little and running A LOT! i mean about 60 miles a week. I got think. Scary thin. People that didn't realize I was running so much thought I was doing drugs (speed, coke, that sort of stuff). Well I wasn't doing any drugs. Just running and hardly eating. And when i would eat it was a carrott or something. I got down to about 140 at 5'6. I still had my damn boobs! I was basically annorexic except I had my chest. You could see my rib cage. I had almost no body fat at all. I have a picture of me back from that time. I'll try to find it and post it.

Offline gofast_er

• Posting Member
Notice I'm very think in this picture but if you look up towards the armpits you can see the sweatshirt doesn't quite hang right. Its beacause they were and still aer there. That was about 60 miles of running a week with a very strict diet. Other than my chest I had ZERO body fat. I was 5'6 and 140. If not for my chest I probably would have been about 120-125. It was so frustrating. I don't think I'll ever get that skinny again. I don't know how I found the discipline to get that skinny. I now know it doesn't work so I feel like their is really no need for me to get that small again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26283721@N03/3886570690/

Offline BobMiller

• Posting Member
Hey, congrats on losing the weight! That is a major accomplishment.

I'm going through the same thing. I weighed 245 at my heaviest; I'm down to about 200-205 now, but my boobs have stayed the same, and in fact they're more noticeable now because my gut doesn't stick out as much. And one of my boobs is bigger than the other, which just looks bizarre.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your topic, but I wanted congratulate you on the weight loss! Just curious, what did you do to lose the weight?

Almost my exact situation. When I was younger at my heaviest I was around 280lbs. Then I got all the way down to 188lbs and my chest was the exact same size. No loss at all. Then over the years got back up to 240lbs. That was up in till May, now I'm down to 210lbs and still losing.

Chest still the same size, now more noticeable since my stomach is getting flatter.

DrBermant

Hey, congrats on losing the weight! That is a major accomplishment.

I'm going through the same thing. I weighed 245 at my heaviest; I'm down to about 200-205 now, but my boobs have stayed the same, and in fact they're more noticeable now because my gut doesn't stick out as much. And one of my boobs is bigger than the other, which just looks bizarre.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your topic, but I wanted congratulate you on the weight loss! Just curious, what did you do to lose the weight?

Almost my exact situation. When I was younger at my heaviest I was around 280lbs. Then I got all the way down to 188lbs and my chest was the exact same size. No loss at all. Then over the years got back up to 240lbs. That was up in till May, now I'm down to 210lbs and still losing.

Chest still the same size, now more noticeable since my stomach is getting flatter.

92 pounds off the body and none from the chest, very unlikely.  Continued stress and aggravation as a sagging chest, loose skin, and remaining gland component do not resolve: extremely likely.

That is why Standard Male Chest Pictures for those involved with weight loss can be so valuable to document where someone has been and gone to.  That and a diary documenting the Body Mass Index BMI and Body Fat Calculation are also of great value.

While waiting for the body to adjust with further weight loss, No Surgery Body Shaping Garments have been invaluable according to my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024