Author Topic: Surgery scars/ scar tissue?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline xplato

I was just curious if anyone on here that has had surgery for puffy nipples could talk about scarring?

I have a very mild case that was caused by propecia usage.  At 30 years old I started taking propecia for hair loss but quickly realized my nipples were starting to puff out and I stopped taking the drug.  Three years later the puffy nipples remain an issue with a small amount of gland, very little fat.

It is very mild but since it is a change to my body at 30 years old, I can't shake the desire to go back to how I looked.  It's been 2 years since I have taken my shirt off in public situations (beach, pool, etc.)

I want to get surgery but I'm afraid that the scarring or potential other problems like scar tissue could be worse than what I'm dealing with now.  Any thoughts on this?

If I do get surgery I'm close to San Francisco so Dr. Delgado will probably be who I go to.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I had a mild case that sounds the same as yours (i have around 6% body fat!), the scar tissue takes at LEAST 3-6 months and possibly even longer.... If you get a good surgeon you wont see any scars really, mine are hardly noticable ... even people that KNOW ive had the surgery cant even tell!

You do have to be very patitent though ... the healing process sucks because you just want the end results you dont want the 6 month wait!

Hope this helps

Offline xplato

Thanks Jimbob!

Sounds similar.  I have low body fat but there is a small amount of gland under my nipples.  This makes them cone out.  I guess my main anxiety is getting the surgery but then get the coned out shape from scar tissue build up. 

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
To a certain extent it will happen, after 3-4 weeks post-op you will have puffy nipples and while the scar tissue heals, it will usally take up to a YEAR for the final results. But if you've put up with it for x amount of years, then one year isnt a big deal is it?

You can reduce the time by quite a bit by messaging and lubricating (with products such as bio-oil).

Offline MSJ108

Hi,

I had a mild case that sounds the same as yours (i have around 6% body fat!), the scar tissue takes at LEAST 3-6 months and possibly even longer.... If you get a good surgeon you wont see any scars really, mine are hardly noticable ... even people that KNOW ive had the surgery cant even tell!

You do have to be very patitent though ... the healing process sucks because you just want the end results you dont want the 6 month wait!

Hope this helps

Good post! For the incision scars check out scarguard. Help the scars fade quickly. Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024