Author Topic: Shirtshy has booked $urgery for end of January 2010 with Dr. Fielding  (Read 3678 times)

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Well, it took some time for me, not sure why, but finally decided to take the plunge.
Total cost $2500.  More than most I've read on here, but surely worth it.

Thanks to this site, esp. Grandba Bambu.

Will post pics and recount the process, as reading so many of yours has helped me.

Surgeon: Dr. Fielding

View My Pre-Op Pictures
View My POST OP Pictures

Jan 13 2010, Moobs Remoobed!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on booking your surgery with JCF...

As with anything else, prices go up over time...  My surgery was $1280 (tax in) 5 years ago. Dude, even at $2500, it's a small price to pay for piece-of-mind!

All the best on the big day...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the well wishes.  Meeting next week to ask some final questions.  Particularly if there will be significant loss of sensation... I'm sensitive to begin with and don't want to lose that.

Any other questions I should be asking?

Offline FatLuke_Nofx

• Posting Member
Hey bud I just had my surgery with Fielding 5 days ago... I still havnt got to take my vest off, but it all feels good there, Im sure he did a great job. Anyways you said it would cost you 2500, well I just paid 2450.00 myself. Its like GB says, cost goes up.

But man, best money you will ever spend- and it lasts forever. And, if you were to pay full out, well it would be at least 3 times that amount- thank you OHIP!! Anyways, best of luck to you and your surgery

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
@FatLuke,
Congrats on the surgery.  And you're right, it lasts forever and is like a fresh start so...
By the way, did you have similar gyno to mine?  Worse or better?  I was told I'd have 4 incisions, the two at my ribcage for lipo.  Did you have any good questions or requests before you had the surgery?  I'll try looking to your other posts.

will update.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
But man, best money you will ever spend- and it lasts forever. And, if you were to pay full out, well it would be at least 3 times that amount- thank you OHIP!! Anyways, best of luck to you and your surgery.

x2...  ;)

GB...

Offline FatLuke_Nofx

• Posting Member
Hey shirtshy, my gyne wasn't quite as bad as yours but it was similar. Dr. Fielding said it would cost me more because he will need to do a lot of lipo, but didn't say he had to do 4 incisions- But about an hour ago I took off my vest for the first time (7 days after) and I found that he did make 4 incisions. They are absolutely tiny and almost not noticeable... I'm sure after a month or 2 they will be gone. He did a great job, let me tell you. After the vest came off and I got to see them for the first time, I was shocked... All my life I'm used to looking down and see these 2 puffy embarrassing breasts and today I just saw a flat chest. I was so impressed and pleased. Lots of healing is still left to do but I can see the diamond in the rough... you are in great hands with Fielding and getting waaaaayyy more then the $2500.00 your paying

I'm gonna post some before and after pics a bit later.

Oh btw- I was way to nervous before surgery and doped up after to ask any good questions, I was just very trusting the Fielding and his team were the best at what they do and to let them do their thing, after all I could ask him to please do his best, but weather I ask him that or not, he is going to do his best. When all was said and done and I was was leaving the hospital they gave me my prescription for pain killers (which I only took cause it made me feel great lol) and a page from Fielding's office on how to care for you gyne surgery- which answered any questions that came up for the first week.

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info and update Luke.

But about an hour ago I took off my vest for the first time (7 days after) and I found that he did make 4 incisions.

Does that mean 2 nipples and 2 at ribcage?  I'm told the lypo has to be done through the ribcage incisions.  Not sure why.

After the vest came off and I got to see them for the first time, I was shocked... All my life I'm used to looking down and see these 2 puffy embarrassing breasts and today I just saw a flat chest.

Must be an amazing feeling!  You must be...what's more than elated?

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Well, had my surgery with Fielding on the 13th and everything seems to have gone well.
He said he removed 650cc's (3 cups?.. who knows how many cup sizes).
There hasn't been any pain, just sensitivity to bounces in the car, and a 'twitchines' in the muscles.  
I'm keeping myself unstrained as possible and hopefully things will be good when he checks me next tuesday.

Post op quips to expect:
Peed constantly and large volume first 2 days.
Constipation still going.
Painful throat from anesthesia
limited use of chest muscles makes it hard getting up and down.
** by 'limited use' I mean self inflicted so as not to disturb anything.  Not that the muscles aren't working.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:58:00 AM by shirtshy »

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
I was feeling just below my clavicle above the right chest and heard a popping squishing sound of liquid creaking under my fingers.  A little worried an panicky about it, so wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms.

I realise now that 'twichiness' feeling when I touch my right breast is actually this liquid swishing around.  So there's quite a bit of liquid... Does it sound like a hematoma?

Next Day***
I had some fever last night, but the fluid seems to have reduced a bit.  I called the office and told her my concerns.  She said it wasn't uncommon she'd tell Dr. Fielding and if he thought it was serious enough he'd call me.  I guess it's within the range of normal. I'll be seeing him tomorrow to get these pads off.  Yay!

P.S.  I started a workout support group in the 'Exercise and Nutrition' section, to be accountable to myself and others.  See if it's for you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:29:42 PM by shirtshy »

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Well I've had the sponges off yesterday, and the results are great!  What a difference!
No bruising, no pain, no swelling (the squishy fluid has lessened) and, my god what a difference!  I didn't know I could look like... a person you actually see on tv?  I mean you never saw guys with gyne on tv right?

I tried on a tight shear sweater that I've never worn before, and it looked great (ok, love handles are my next target)  I'm going to enjoy wearing clothes now, not hiding behind them.  Such a foreign concept to me.

QUESTION:
Dr. Fielding said the healing would take care of itself now, and only to use vaseline/polysporine if there's itching.  But I've read about creams and silicon gels all over this board, so I'm wondering if that won't be beneficial?  Is it just the way lista does it that requires those gels and antibiotics, or is it case by case?

Any thoughts?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024