Author Topic: KLINEFELTER SYNDROME Need some info asap please.  (Read 5513 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I've been reading about klinefelter syndrome and I match quite a few of the symptoms. I am now worried I may have it. I have had a blood test by my GP, he said my testosterone levels are a bit low but didn't express any real concern. He has referred me to an Endo and I am awaiting the appointment date. If I have klinefelter, would the GP have expressed any concern about it when I went to him for the results? I am obviously going to ask the endo when I see him, but it can be up to 4 weeks wait just for the appointment date, let alone the appointment itself. I am going out of my mind with worry now. If my testosterone count is over the "average" minimum of 9ng/dl does that mean I can't have it?

Is it possible to get hold of my test results by ringing my doctors surgery? as I forgot to ask for a copy when I saw the doc. This endo appointment really can't come soon enough  :-[ hope they send me the appointment date ASAP.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you do have Klinefelter Syndrome.... don't worry about it, just deal with it. You 'are' who you 'are'.  'Worry' will not get you ahead in life.

I'm a match to most of the KS characteristics also. I'm not worried about it dude. ;)

Yeah, give your GP a call and ask for your results... I'm sure they'll tell you over the phone...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline John1011

• Posting Member
how did you get reffered to an endo? did you tell him you think you have kline and he referred the endo to you...or did he just refer the endo to you on his own?

so when you realized you might have kline did you just ask your GP if you had kline or just you just ask for a blood test?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I've been reading about klinefelter syndrome and I match quite a few of the symptoms. I am now worried I may have it. I have had a blood test by my GP, he said my testosterone levels are a bit low but didn't express any real concern. He has referred me to an Endo and I am awaiting the appointment date. If I have klinefelter, would the GP have expressed any concern about it when I went to him for the results? I am obviously going to ask the endo when I see him, but it can be up to 4 weeks wait just for the appointment date, let alone the appointment itself. I am going out of my mind with worry now. If my testosterone count is over the "average" minimum of 9ng/dl does that mean I can't have it?

Don’t panic.  Wait for the Endo appointment and raise the question of Klinefelters then.  The Endo will be considering it anyway and you raising it will ease your mind that he doesn’t forget.  He will run more blood tests (taking care to do them at the correct time of day, unlike many GPs) and carry out a full physical examination of you.  From all that information he will be able to build up an accurate profile of what your endocrine system is up to, paying attention not only to the hormone levels but the balances as well.  This is something the GP often has little knowledge of.

It is easy, and natural, to read up on things first and think you are suffering from condition X or disease Y, simply from a list of symptoms.  It can easily fill your mind with all sorts of horrors.

See the Endo, get the proper tests done by the expert and then you will be able to sit down with a clear head and consider your options.

All the very best to you.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
how did you get reffered to an endo? did you tell him you think you have kline and he referred the endo to you...or did he just refer the endo to you on his own?

so when you realized you might have kline did you just ask your GP if you had kline or just you just ask for a blood test?

Went to GP told him my problems and had a blood test, then he referred me to the endo.

Time to fix it, cheers man, I got the letter though from the endo now so can book my apppointment this week, hopefully I won't have to wait long. I'll update the thread once I've seen the endo. Hoping for the best here  :-\

DrBermant

Is it possible to get hold of my test results by ringing my doctors surgery? as I forgot to ask for a copy when I saw the doc. This endo appointment really can't come soon enough  :-[ hope they send me the appointment date ASAP.

Klinefelter Syndrome is a genetic chromosome problem (XXY or varients) has many possible symptoms, many occur without having Klinefelter Syndrome.

I have a major resource about Klinefelter's Syndrome Defined on my site.  There you can see pictures of patients with XXY and XXXY body fat patterns.  You can find Klinefelter Forums and others concerned with the same problem.

Male with Klinefelter's Syndrome and Gynecomastia, pictures before and after surgery.

All men with Klinefelter's do not necessarily have gynecomastia.  Here is one such Klinefelter male without enlarged male breasts

Some men with Klinefelter's Syndrome and gynecomastia are happy with their breasts.

Testicle size is important in the diagnosis, but not the only factor.  I evaluate the testicles for each of my gynecomastia patients as part of my normal examination. Unfortunately, not all doctors do a good job in diagnosing Klinefelter's Syndrome and sometimes you need to get to someone who is aware of the problem.  I recently presented at a national meeting about Klinefelter's Syndrome and there I recorded the stories of quite a few patients who were missed by years of doctors' examinations.

If you have concerns, wait until you can bring them up to your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Saw endo today, from the blood tests results etc I've had so far he said he can pretty much rule out klinefelters. He is arranging a full test just to confirm it but he said from my blood results there is noting wrong with the testes as such, but I have problem with pituary gland which controls all the hormones in your body.. mine doesn't send the right signals or something. Which explains why I don't look my age etc. I've been prescribed testostergel and have got to have a CT scan to determine the problem with the pituary gland.

Both the consultants I saw today say that because my gyne is caused by puberty and that I haven't finished puberty yet, that there is a chance it may go away on it's own. This does seem a logical chance, but I'm still saving for surgery just in case. got almost £1000 now, so on target for surgery in February. If, on the slight possibility, that the gyne does go away with the other treatment that I am on, then the money will go on a shiney new car, so either way I have motivation to save.

This forum has been a great help BUT I will urge people though, don't read too much into things, I got myself in a right mess thinking I had kline and that I can't have kids etc.. Yes I do match a lot of the symptoms, but most of the symptoms are interlinked from other problems and really I should have just waiting for the endo appointment and take it from there. So PLEASE guys, don't worry about it, don't read about it if you can help it, just go and get an endo appointment booked up, get tests done and find out for certain THEN take it from there.

All in all, I am pretty happy at the minute. I have got some of the answers I was looking for and the consultants were very optimistic about my treatment, as well as very informative and put my mind to rest on a few worries. I definetly feel better now.

I am now on the treatment, going to start training more, sort my diet out, save some cash etc.. next year is going to rock!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

;D

I'm glad you are on the road to getting things sorted and don't worry, most of us have a panic about things from time to time.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Dr Bermant,

I had my estradiol and testosterone levels checked, does it mean I am free from Klinefelter's?
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

DrBermant

Dr Bermant,

I had my estradiol and testosterone levels checked, does it mean I am free from Klinefelter's?

When I find a patient who I am concerned has undiagnosed Klinefelter's Syndrome, I prefer to refer to an Endocrinologist for evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and stabilization before considering Gynecomastia Surgery on a Klinefelter's Syndrome patient.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline nightmare88

Dr Bermant!!!!,

i'm  getting nowhere with my problem. i also thought that i had klinefelter syndorme before cuz i match with a lot of it, but i have not genetic problems after tested (i'm XY), mm so i also have had some hormonal tests and all with "no aPPARENTLY DISORDERS" but i think my testosterone is like normal but like "low-normal" i also look way younger for my age i look like a 14 boy and i'm almost 20 and have like fat female distribution and i just have realized that my torso is like short compared with my legs and for my age. well the doctor said my gyno doesn't have apparently causes and that im normal. i dont feel that way!!! my testicles are like 8cc, ive almost no facial hair

what do you think??

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Dr Bermant,

When I find a patient who I am concerned has undiagnosed Klinefelter's Syndrome, I prefer to refer to an Endocrinologist for evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and stabilization before considering Gynecomastia Surgery on a Klinefelter's Syndrome patient.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

thanks for the reply :) :)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Dr Bermant!!!!,

i'm  getting nowhere with my problem. i also thought that i had klinefelter syndorme before cuz i match with a lot of it, but i have not genetic problems after tested (i'm XY), mm so i also have had some hormonal tests and all with "no aPPARENTLY DISORDERS" but i think my testosterone is like normal but like "low-normal" i also look way younger for my age i look like a 14 boy and i'm almost 20 and have like fat female distribution and i just have realized that my torso is like short compared with my legs and for my age. well the doctor said my gyno doesn't have apparently causes and that im normal. i dont feel that way!!! my testicles are like 8cc, ive almost no facial hair

what do you think??

You sound very very similar to the problems I've got, this is down to a pituary condition.... I've replied to your Pm with some information for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024