Author Topic: Post surgery concerns...  (Read 3022 times)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Well I just had excision and lypo done a couple of days ago and my chest still looks saggy and feels big at the bottom. Could this partly be due to swelling from the excision? This was my 2nd surgery i don't wanna have to go through this again!

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
OK I was just looking at my chest and I see almost ZERO difference between before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

What the darn@!

DrBermant

Well I just had excision and lypo done a couple of days ago and my chest still looks saggy and feels big at the bottom. Could this partly be due to swelling from the excision? This was my 2nd surgery i don't wanna have to go through this again!
How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Posting standardized pictures can be helpful if you want others to see what you are talking about.  However, if you are concerned about your swelling, your doctor is the best for specific answers about what is going on.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:52:57 PM by DrBermant »

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I'm not even that swollen. I know swelling will reduce but the main issue I wanted address was the fold at the bottom of my chest and at the sides, and there's no difference at all. Even in day after photos you can usually see a huge difference in post op patients.

This is so unfucking believeable I have spent so much damn money and I still have another ruined summer ahead of me.

God I hope I fucking drop dead this second.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member

It sounds like you might have some loose skin. You might need another procedure to correct that. How bad was your gyne to begin with?

That's what one doctor said, but two others said they also felt breast tissue. The last person said correcting the loose skin would create huge scars, but at this point I don't even care.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Pretty muscular build. I started working out like a maniac to try and cure this condition back in high school.

It used to be really bad, just massive sagging breasts to put it bluntly. I was probably bigger than most women.

After the first surgery things got better my chest still sagged a lot but it wasn't as pronounced.

I just looked at my chest today (5 days post op) and things are looking a little better, but definitely still not where I'd like it to be. When I look down on my chest I still see a cone-like shape at the outside of my chest. Even when I rest my arms on my hips like how a person would stand casually there's a rounded ball-like shape at the bottom of my chest. Does that make sense?

I'm off to see the surgeon in 15 minutes so we'll see what he says.

God I hope he can tell me something positive. I'm supposed to go on vacation in a month and I really wanted to be able to go swimming.  :(

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Well I just got back from the Dr. He told me they removed two breast nodules (one from each side), each approximately the size of a golf ball. He said this was about average from what he's seen in the past. He also did a fair amount of lypo as well.

He said my chest was still pretty swollen which is why it doesn't look like there's any improvement, but over the next 1-2 months he thinks it will really flatten down.

He also offered to do any touch ups for free should I need them, but he didn't think I would it.

I'm still very skeptical, but at least it's given me some hope.
:-/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:00:52 AM by johndoe »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024