Author Topic: If it regrows..im so confused!  (Read 2593 times)

Offline indian

• Posting Member
Hi all dudes,
I had written long back that I am trying yoga and other stuff to reduce my gyne condition-but all in vain!

Ok now I am ready to go for surgery by 3rd week of this month!

But as I was going through the before after pictures shown in this site I saw one guy who had regained same round type breast after 9 months.Now I am very confused what if I regain the breast back?
Ok I want to reveal that I am a bisexual..does this mean I will regain the breast?
My hormonal test shows everything normal.
I want to just get rid of this breast please people help me..how to make sure that this thing will not come back?

Please all of you guys answer me..

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
reguardless if ur bi, if ur hormones are all good chances are it will NOT regrow
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ditto.

There is no relationship between sexual orientation and Gynecomastia.

If your hormones are in correct balance, the chance of regrowth is slight.

There are a very large number of things that could trigger regrowth though; like Alcohol, Marijuana, and something like 200 different prescription drugs. Be careful what you put into your body and you should be just fine.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Like Dan said, if there's no evident cause of your gyne and your hormones are all in check, you shouldn't worry about regrowth.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline kinesic

• Posting Member
Alcohol and marijuana? Not to be contrary, but I am highly sceptical that either of those substances, especially if taken in moderation, would induce gynecomastia. As I understand it, gynecomastia is a common occurence in adolescence, but usually disappears by adulthood. However, I believe my case (puffy nipples) was induced by a period of being overweight, around the age of 12-14. As my surgeon explained to me, sudden weight gain can cause gynecomastia in children by confusing a particular receptor in the brain. I don't understand the exact science behind it, but suffice it to say I doubt that the specific chemical and hormonal conditions that resulted in my gyne are any longer present in my adult body. As such, I fail to see how mild drugs like the aforementioned could create those conditions.

But if you stand by that assertion, please indicate a study or an article that provides more evidence for it. Until I see that, I will remain totally sceptical.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:54:10 AM by kinesic »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Kinesic,

The active ingredient in Marijuana is an oil. It is stored in and acts upon the fatty tissues. It is in the fat cells where Testosterone is aromatized into Estrogen. The relationship is well established and well documented.

Alcohol is a double whammy. It is no secret that it is hard on the liver, and that the liver is where our Estrogen gets neutralized. Alcohol is also highly toxic to the testes as well.
Liver impaired = Estrogen goes up
Alcohol toxicity = Testosterone diminishes

Obesity should be easy if you just go back to what I said about marijuana. The fat cells are where Testosterone is aromatized into Estrogen. The rate of aromatization is going to be higher in a person with more fat.

The list if things associated with Gynecomastia is as long as your arm, We have only looked at three things here.

We are all different, I knew an alky who was thin and flat chested and I've known Marijuana users who were also unaffected. This does not alter the fact that there is a marked increase in the incidence of Gynecomatia among people who drink and puff.

Another question worth asking has to do with the number of people who still have their pubertal Gynecomastia as adults. Presume for a minute that the Family Doctor was right and the condition would diminish or go away without treatment. But. in the years when it would have usually diminished, it was maintained by some chemicals taken into the body.
Would it not be reasonable to speculate that the reason they still have the condition is due to their own actions?

Finally, there are some of us who have this as a family trait. If you do, it should be your duty to inform any mothers or potential mothers as to what to look for in their sons. In this age where information is so freely exchanged it is almost criminal that some boys with our condition think that they are alone.

Offline Six

Not to derail, but I have never seen what I consider to be conclusive evidence that marijuana or alcohol has any correlation to gynecomastia.

I quote this study:

(For those unaware:  putative(a): commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds.)

The putative relationship between cannabis use and gynecomastia now seems very doubtful. The magnitude of reductions observed in the positive studies are too small to explain the case reports of gynecomastia among heavy male cannabis smokers (Harman and Aliapoulios, 1972), and a small case-control study failed to find any relationship between cannabis use and gynecomastia in 11 cases and controls (Cates and Pope, 1977).

The chronic effects of this study did not exclude a four-fold higher risk of gynecomastia among cannabis smokers, studies in humans and animals have not shown any increased secretion of the hormone prolactin, the most likely mechanism of such effects in males. As Mendelson et al (1984) have argued, if chronic cannabis use caused gynecomastia, one would expect many more cases to have been reported in the clinical literature, given the widespread use of cannabis among young males during the past few decades.

Given the absolute lack of conclusive evidence, I believe it is to the detriment of progress to brand any form of substance abuse as a generally-accepted cause.  Want to know why no one talks about facts with gynecomastia?  Because practically nothing is known.

Offline kinesic

• Posting Member
Both those studies are a bit out of date, don't you think? Is there anything more recent?

Offline Six

The studies were done in the 70's, but the article is recent.  No new data has been presented since the 70's.

The truth is that no one (in the medical field) cares what causes gynecomastia.  There is no profit to be made in preventing it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 03:47:37 AM by Six »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024