Author Topic: Confused  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Octoberman

I have had consultations with 4 plastic surgeons ( I know way too many, but I want to make the correct decision ).  I have a mild case of gyno ( 42 years old with gyno since 15 ).  I am conflicted with the advice that I have received:

1.  Private Practice Plastic Surgeons-- Recommend Standard Lipo +  Direct Excision of Breast Tissue.  Approximate Price = $7,000.00

2.  University Hospital Plastic Surgeon ( Very Well Respected Hospital )-- Recommends Ultra Sonic Lipo with No Direct Excision.  Approximate Price = $3,500.00.

I have heard that Ultra Sonic Lipo does not help with removal of breast tissue ( and that it could be potentially dangerous with the heating of the tip of the canula causing burns, etc. ), but the University Hospital PS said " No Problem".  Very confused.  Any advice from other MD's would be appreciated.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
If you want to get direct responses from other doctors, you need to post this question in Ask A Doctor section.

If you feel glands in your breast, there's a high chance that they will still be there after lipo-suction only.  Remember, you want to do this once and get it right that one time. Consulting a PS with LOTS OF gyne surgery experience (100+ cases per year) is the wises thing to do. 

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Ultra-sonic lipo only works on fat, not gland -- period.

Make your own decision.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree.  If you have gland present, it needs to be excised. And you're right to be wary about ultrasonic lipo.  In the wrong hands it can leave hardened, heated fat that isn't aspirated out.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024