Author Topic: Does anyone here actually worry about how u got your Gyno?!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member
Just curious. When I was like 10 I developed gyno. I thought it was fat for like 3 years. From there on out I didn't really pay it much mind and I just saw it as a nuisance. But over the last 6 months I've been obsessed and devastated by this. I feel like a freak. This doesn't happen to many people. It's like what 3% of people with persistent pubertal gyno? Anyone ever worry they're less of a man? How about thoughts of fertility? Genetic abnormalities? This crap is very damn scary and I can't stop worrying!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
It's easy, get your hormones and semen analyzed!  

For lots of guys, it's more of a psychological issue.  It shouldn't control your life.  Some accept it and live with it.  Some, myself included, decide to get rid of it by surgery, if its not all fat of course!

How old are you now?

---Bobby
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:30:28 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member

It's easy, get your hormones and semen analyzed! 

For lots of guys, it's more of a psychological issue.  It shouldn't control your life.  Some accept it and leave with it.  Some, myself included, decide to get rid of it by surgery, if its not all fat of course!

How old are you now?

---Bobby
I'm 19

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
It's just 'one of those things'

I had it from puberty, it fluctuated with weight gain and loss, but persisted.

I'm married with 3 great kids so there's no fertility impact and I've never felt 'less' of a man.

For me, it got 'enough' of a nuisance and was impacting how I lived my life so I chose surgery and it was one of the best things I've done.

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member

I'm married with 3 great kids so there's no fertility impact and I've never felt 'less' of a man.

For me, it got 'enough' of a nuisance and was impacting how I lived my life so I chose surgery and it was one of the best things I've done.
when'd you'd get them removed? These things have been eating me alive for half my life. I quickly lose motivation at the gym seeing my puffy nips. It hurts my confidence and it makes me anxious that it is a symptom of some freak abnormality.

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
Far from abnormal its a lot more common than I even realized.

I had surgery just before Christmas. I'm now coming up on 5 weeks and am very cautiously excited for the summer :)

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member
Far from abnormal its a lot more common than I even realized.

I had surgery just before Christmas. I'm now coming up on 5 weeks and am very cautiously excited for the summer :)
it is common but most of the times it goes away. I'm jw why not for me?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The cause is usually an "event" that happened in the past, usually in early puberty.  In most cases the "event" is over and looking for the cause now is a useless exercise. 

If the Gynecomastia is of recent onset a cause may be found. In these cases looking for a cause may be productive. It should be remembered that there are many medications that list Gynecomastia or Breast Enlargement as a possible side effect.  Sometimes this too is a rather nebulous thing as the incidence of problems is usually rather small.

If your Gynecomastia is of recent onset, and due to a medication, sometimes simply using a different medication will allow the enlargement to regress.  This does take time though.

If the condition has been unchanged for more than a year or two,  there is little to no chance that the precise cause will be found. and also little to no chance that it will regress. In such a case the only alternatives are to live with it or get surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Askone

• Posting Member

when'd you'd get them removed? These things have been eating me alive for half my life. I quickly lose motivation at the gym seeing my puffy nips. It hurts my confidence and it makes me anxious that it is a symptom of some freak abnormality.

I had them removed just before the holidays - was the best thing I've ever done :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024