Author Topic: Surgery with Levick completed 26.09.13  (Read 6243 times)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone,

Well the surgery is complete! I am just relaxing in my room at the priory hospital. The surgery itself was quick. I can here at 8am and was shown to my room. Saw a couple nurses the anaesthesiologist and of course Levick. They were all nice as I have heard from others who have been here.

I must admit I was physically shaking prior to entering theatre room because of the significance of this and also because I haven't exactly had much surgery. But it all seemed to go well and Levick said he will show me the pictures tomorrow so I will be sharing these.

The worst part by far is the soreness in armpits and the very right compression bandage. The vacuum pump bottles which are inserted into the armpits are the main pain though I must admit the bandage restricts movement quite a bit! I will be glad to have this off next week! Any tips for dealing with the discomfort are welcome!

Will keep in touch.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Well done! Another one on the other side... Looking forward to the pics and progress reports!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey here are the immediate post op pics with all the gunk removed

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
I had a sneak peak at the chest this morning which was a bit scary because I thought it would be a swelled up mess! To my surprise it looked alright just a bit purple, but chest was flat. Dr Levick put a new bandage on and I think I will have this in until the middle of next week then I will switch to the compression vest.

Did you guys keep the first bandage on for a full week? I have heard some people say five days with the initial bandages...

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Just a quick update on day two post op. My left side is fairly sore, much more than the right side and this is probably because there was more gyno there as seen by the pics. Have restricted movement and am on painkillers and antibiotics. I will have to get some work done from Monday but it is only desk work. Did anyone feel really sore following the surgery? I have had moments where I feel woozy and need to simply lay down, probably as a result of moving around to much, though I have only walked short distances...

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
Still surprises me every time to see how much is cut out!

Glad to hear everything went okay mate. I'd keep the bandages on 7 days to be on the safe side, precaution is always best. How's the pain in the armpits after a couple of days? That's the part I'm really not looking forward to as my pain threshold is low haha.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
here are some shots 4 days post op, looking good I think!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Some pre-op photos to see the difference. My gyno was mild compared to some, but still very present and unpleasant.

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Great results. Looks amazing after only 4 days, Levick seems to be brilliant at his job. I live in Sweden and have decided to travel to UK to do this operation after seeing yours and others great results by him. I also have mild gynecomastia, looks alot like yours did, so really appreciate your posts! Congrats at your new great looking chest :)

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Another amazing job by Mr Levick!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Feeling good about it all but still rather sore. The area around the nipples is ultra sensitive to touch and still hurts. I have a fair bit of movement back but think it will be a couple weeks before I try any physical activity like riding a bike. Have to play it by ear really...

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Feeling good about it all but still rather sore. The area around the nipples is ultra sensitive to touch and still hurts. I have a fair bit of movement back but think it will be a couple weeks before I try any physical activity like riding a bike. Have to play it by ear really...

I left it about 3 and a half weeks before i rode a bike and it didnt feel too uncomfortable, the raised arm position felt a bit tight but other than avoiding bumps it was alright. By the next week it was fine and now i can cycle normally with no issues at all.

Great results btw!!! I look forward to seeing your updates and seeing how your recovery compares to mine :)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey all, well it's 10 days after surgery now. Feeling okay, just a bit sore. I haven't done anything too active since surgery but feel as though I could do some leg workouts or ride a bike. I will probably go to the gym next weekend for some light exercises and see how I go.

I still have swelling and some bruising though it is fading a bit. Some lumpy bits but nothing that isn't normal. I heard from Dr Levick over email who assured me everything is going fine. The incision wound on one side was slow to close up but I hope now it is closed which is a relief. I will be happy when those wounds are all healed up as you have to be careful when they are scabs...

Here are some more pictures 10 days post op...

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,

Well it's been just over 2 weeks post op. Here are some more pics!

I feel lumpy in parts, apparently that's normal. I can probably start massaging now which will hopefully help. The worst parts are along the edges of the outer pectorals, particularly the left one.

I am also sore when I press against the chest. Any idea how long I may still feel pain when pressing the chest area?

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey all just an update at 3.5 weeks post op.

I feel as though things look pretty good for my stage in the recovery process. There are still bumpy bits and a lot of numbness and soreness but I should expect this at my stage. I must admit I had a scare last week with my left hand side, I was get a lot of pain that was really bad so had to get back onto the ibuprofen. I think the compression vest has been rubbing the area and so now I am going to stick to wearing it only at night. I think it was doing more harm then good during the day.

I also started a light massage with a combination of bio oil and jojoba oil. I managed to tolerate it, but it feels very odd in parts! I hope to get back to some light exercises at the gym now. I went last week on a crosstrainer and managed. I probably won't use weight for another week or so an start very light.

I am putting up some pictures now. Comments welcome! ;) (p.s. the strange lines running across my torso were caused by the compression vest I just removed!)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024