Author Topic: Dr. Karidis..Consultation over.... next step surgery?  (Read 3841 times)

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
Dr. Karidis..Consultation over.... next step surgery?
Alright guys,

This is only my second post, my first was a few months back when i was considering going poland as i'm a full time civil engineering student and money is tight. I've decided to stick with the UK after seeing a few bad opp pics!

I talked myself into waiting a few years until money was better but a few weeks ago i broke! I was in the university library where the heating is premaritally on ( bad gyno weather ), the choice between pointy moobs on show or a hoody in the blaze. Anyway i decided to walk around in a t'shirt, walking down the stairs a group of girls past and i over herd them say "did you see the moobs on him", i broke, it was the last of many straw's to break.

i had my complementary consultation with Dr. Karidis a few weeks ago, he was great, very professional and confident often saying he was excellent at performing gyno operations. He explained i would require gland removal through a 3-4mm incision and lipo, the rest of the consultation was generic, healing times etc.

The bad news............... £2800 (Karidis fees) + £1493 (Hospital fees) after juggling money to the point of constant head pains my old man stepped in and got a 0% APR on purchases credit card for 15 months and i have to pay it off within the 15 months otherwise my dad said he'll ---- yep haha, so i guess my wages from my part time job are not going to be mine for while.

I'm going to pay my £1000 deposit after easter and book in form late may, when my exams finish, plus 2 weeks grace as i'll probably be pretty merry after my last exam. I'll post on here my updates thought-out surgery and recovery while hopefully helping others and get some help in return.

Has anyone had any experience with Karidis' work? and should i do anything to prepare for the opp?

How do you upload pics ??

Cheers guys and have a good bank holiday!

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Re: Dr. Karidis..Consultation over.... next step surgery?
Hi Jimbob,

I think your decision is a good one, there are some great surgeons in the UK and you only have to look at the number of recommendations on this site to see Karidis is one of them...also good for the aftercare as Poland is a long way to go if you get issues post surgery!

I think my web-diary may help with some of your queries, check out my post in user photos; "Surgery March 2013 - Full Before/After Picture Diary"

gynecomastia.org » General » User Photos » Surgery March 2013 - Full Before/After Picture Diary

Best of luck
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:30:25 AM by gynecomastiauk »

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Awesome that you have taken the plunge mate :) I had my consultation on 27th March and will be having the surgery on 25th April, so looking forward to getting it done just in time for the summer like you :).

That story is horrible, but I am sure like me you have dozens more similar stories, all of which at the time really knocked you back. I remember a girl I really liked squeezed my chest on a night out and said "Wow you actually have breasts"... that kind of sucked, but I guess I only have to put up with it for another month :P

I just can't wait to be able to wear a t-shirt again :D

Check out my thread, I will post after op pics to show the results!

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
(Bain-of-my-life) Thanks man i appreciate it! cool i'm chuffed for you, i bet you cant wait now! I payed my deposit today and got penciled in for the 16th May (I'm still organising dates with work/uni for recovery), although a lady called Nicola mentioned there may be a slot available sooner  :), you never know mate mite end up being the same day!

I can sympathise with you there, just think tho 2 months from now - good chest 6 months form now - ripped! haha.

Please mate keep up the pics it will be good to see your results!

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
A current picture of my moobs! hopefully a thing of the past come may :). I'll keep updating pictures as a go.

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
 :) surgery booked and date finalized! I'm going in on the 14th of may 7 o'clock admission, I'm getting really excited now! Still need to concentrate my exams are soon.

Are there any cheap hotels near St. John's hospital London where mr
Karidis operates from? Just cheep and clean! My admission is so early I won't have time to get w train on the day.

Cheers guys!

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
I've not trained my chest in 3 - 4 years because of the gyno, I didn't want to push it out further, if you get me. However I trained it for the first time today in preparation for surgery, do you think this will help? Once the gyno has gone the skin will have a tiniest bit of muscle to rest on ha.

For anyone thinking of going with Dr. Karidis, himself and his team have been amazing so far! I've got a second consultation with him to ask a few last min questions. I have gland'ish tissue under my armpit that runs all the way to the nipple area, however karidis said he could remove all gland from a 3-4mm insition at my nipple but I'm quite sceptical that he could reach under my armpit from it! So I'm worrying that some mite be left behind.

Could anybody shed some light on this?

If not I'm seeing him again on thd 27th of April so ill keep you posted !

Cheers guys

Any questions feel free to ask

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
Surgery complete!

its been a long day, admission was at 7 o'clock and i've just got home, about to watch top gear in bed ;). karidis came and drew me up around 8 and took some pictures, same as always very confident and reassuring. i went to the theatre  around half 8, one minute i was being asked random questions to take my mind away from anaesthetic the next i woke up! felt like 2 min daydreaming. anyway i feel ok slightly sore and i cant lift my elbows up anywhere, a bit of pain but its ok.

ive been told to remove my compression garments for a shower tomorrow night so i'll take some pictures then and get them uploaded asap

cheers guys

Offline thetodd

You should of posted in the UK forum, its more active in regards to surgery talk.

Well done anyway! Its a shame that those girls made you feel that way. But i think everyone's had that moment when they just decide enough is enough and plumped for surgery.

Post some pics up when you get some time, just take it easy. Recovery is a bit of a bitch a few weeks down the line but you'l understand it when your at that point.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
sorry its took me a while to upload photographs of the finished product but here we are,

This was took 4 days post opp - bruising is at its worst here and i'm very tender.

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
This was took 5 days post opp, the incision site on my right took some time to heal. i cant believe how small the incision actually is!

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
10 days post opp. still very tender but felt slightly more confident in using my arms. 

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Looking Great. All the best with the healing process.

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
Ok i took this 5 mins ago. 4weeks 1 day post opp. slight swelling under my nipple (I keep reassuring myself its not gyno returning). i've not experienced any scar tissue as yet (fingers crossed). massage is slightly uncomfortable but fine.

Thoughts to date? i'm f'in over the moon with the results. I was out in a t shirt today without my compression garment and i felt great - honestly every signal pound spent was worth it! A friend of mine has recently brought a very nice new Audi A5, i am in need of a car upgrade, but sat in his car today i thought to myself 'would a new car of made me happier?" not a chance, i mean it was lovely but how long is that going to make him feel good for, 12 months? my flat chest is for life   ;D happy days    

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
hows the recovery going mate? Be good to hear an update to see if that minor swelling has gone down and if you managed to dodge scar tissue altogether?!

Cheers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024