Author Topic: Surgery ... done and not feeling good at all  (Read 14669 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
oh ya... its all done.
i had my consult on june 12th and surgery on august 9th.
really happy about it. got in Toronto the night before and stayed, with my mom, at the Four points hotel (with the compassionate rate). on the day of the surgery i was in the hospital at 11 am (there were 3 of us gyne guys going under the knife) and went in for my surgery at 2pm exactly (as planned).

a nurse came to get me in the waiting room and we started to joke around a bit on our way to the operating room. i get in the op and i see Fielding who remembers me quite well from my consult and we started to talk as well while they were getting ready. i really had no time to get nervous. everybody was really REALLY nice. it was like i knew these people for years  :D
and all of a sudden, i'm waking up in the recovery room. no pain at all, not even dizzy or anything.

the nurse asks me if i want some morphin for pain and i tell her that id prefer to eat instead cause i'm starving... i was surprised that they offered morphin... cause i really wasnt feeling any pain. i knew something happend to my nipples but nothing else.

i spent the night at the hospital because i did not want to soil the draps at the hospital plus my oxygen level was a bit low after surgery...(nothing really though)

i didnt see Fielding ater surgery which pissed me off just a bit because he told me he would see me first thing in the morning. but he called me today, apologized for not coming and answered all my questions.

today, i'm itching like crazy. but i mean really this whole thing is so uncomfortable and i'm dying to remove all the bandages and compression belt...

i just cant wait to see the final result although its seems pretty flat under these foam  pads.

so there
thanks to the board for all the answers especially bambu...
bye guys
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:15:35 AM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Great to hear that you are done. I am in line for Sept 6th with Dr. JCF.

Please keep posting all your after surgery experience and pictures if, possible. So others can take a advantage of your experience.

As Bambu begin this process, and we all got great advice from him, now we should post as many as experiences and views we can, about this health/physical problem and help others out.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey there...i'm now 4 days post op...
WOW
although the whole thing ins increadibly itchy (seriously this is not cool), the whole surgery went like a charm. as i said earlier no pain or any other problem whatsoever.... i just peeked....
HAHAHAHA it looks even better than i expected. the lipo wholes are so tiny (one of them almost already dissapeared and its only 4 days) as for the shape... it really is incredible...i cant beleive its my body...

i have seen a lot of post op pictures, all of which had quite a bit of bruising and swelling. mine looks absolutely perfect. no discolouration, no weird shape just a "manly" chest... i could not have asked for anything similar nor better...

sorry about that i'm just happy with the whole result. tuesday, i'll remove the pads completely and keep the compression vest for two more weeks after which the gym will welcome a new man at last... (cant wait to go back to the gym :-/)

this whole thing is so worth it...
cheers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:11:20 AM by brebguy »

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Great stuff!

Although... be prepared... most guys see it revert a bit after taking off compression.  It seems to get worse and then slowly improves over 3-12 months.  Not trying to rain on your parade, I'm glad it looks great so far, but don't get discouraged if it you see it come back somewhat because you need to give it the full year to see how it looks.  I'm sure it will be great as you were in good hands!
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
totally right... ready for it... i'm completely removing the pads tomorrow so the swelling should start then... i'll still keep good compression for the next 2 weeks...

see ya guys!

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Cool,

Looking forward to seeing your result!

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
brebguy:

Hope you are without pads now. What's your result? Are you start working (job)? Is it ok to work with compression belt, you think?

Try to post the pictures, if you can.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
alright...
So I took off the pads this morning the right side is perfect (thats the one i saw before)
but the left side... hmmm well i had a bit of a hard time removing the pad on the left side because it was sticking to the nipple.

I explain :
Fielding puts a sticky foam pad on each breast but he puts a piece of gauze on the nipple so that the foam is not glued to the nipples and stiches.

On my left side, there was no gauze making the pad glued to the nipple. so when i was removing the pad (which you are told to remove quickly so that it doesnt hurt), i pulled on the stiches and my nipple started bleeding. not much though... and the blood was pretty thick.

I called Fielding and Leslie (The assistant) told me it was ok. to go in the shower and make the foam pad wet with warm water and pull it off. which i did. its fine now. but the left one is definitely bigger than the right one... you still see that the breast is kinda heavy and makes some kind of a "fold giving the impression of still having female breasts. plus i feel a bit of a firm area in the left one. i m not sure if its a true hematoma because i was told that it would hurt and that i would be bruised. and none of it is the case. so i am still wearing the compression vest and tensor wrap and am going back to work next monday.
i didnt call Fielding back yet... i'll wait a bit to see what happens.

It really doesnt show so i go out with no problem no body can tell (except if they touch me and feel the vest)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:09:32 AM by brebguy »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The left one is definitely bigger than the right one... you still see that the breast is kinda heavy and makes some kind of a "fold giving the impression of still having female breasts. plus i feel a bit of a firm area in the left one.

As you prolly know, you have alot of healing to do. Just keep positive thoughts and give your body a chance to mend.

I went into a deep depression about 2 weeks post-op but with the help of a member of this Site (nope1), I was able to keep a positive attitude about the healing process.

Time heals all wounds!!!

GB.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Brebguy:

Any improvment with left side? Any update or things we should be considering after surgery?

If possible, can you place some picture?

Thanks a lot !!!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
actually the left side did reduce a bit but not as much as the right side which looks great. i'll wait a bit before i get too worried...

the only thing is that i do have a hematoma on the left side. called dr Fielding's office this morning and was told that if it doesnt get bigger with time (and since it looks pretty small for now : about the size of a looney), it should dissapear by itself so they say i shouldn't worry about that either.

so all is good for now... i think i'm healing pretty quickly so i'm happy.cant wait to remove the vest though.

as for the pics... i dont have a cam so as soon as i can find another one i'll try to take some...

take care u guys.
thanks for the support! ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:56:24 PM by brebguy »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Brebguy:

Are you going back on work Monday 21st? Do you feel comfortable going back to work with compression belt?

I also took day off for a week. And if you suggest, I can add one more week. I don't have a hard working job. Just office work and pretty relax. But I am not sure wearing compression belt at work, may be noticable to others.

What you say?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well give me life as a matter of fact, i have been wearing the tensor wrap plus my compression vest. the compression vest was just not enough and the tensor wouldn't stay in place by itself (it kept getting down, probably because of my triangular body shape). so
with the tensor, the compression vest and a little wife beater to hide the straps of the vest i could easily wear a tshirt... and it actually looked pretty cool...the vest is really tight on the skin which made the tensor almost invisible. the only thing that showed was the velcro straps on my shoulders but the wifebeater was perfect for hiding it...

ok 4 layers you must think i'm crazy but i have airconditionner everywhere (except outside, but i tried not to go out for to long ) and it really did not show under my clothes so it was fine.

i am indeed going back to work monday... cant wait cause i really dont like staying home like this... tonight is my first night out with my friends so i'm getting ready to hit the clubs and have a few drinks for my friends birthday (and to celebrate my breast free body  :D)

i had 11 days after surgery to recover and for me it was more than enough but it depends... not e very body heals the same but i still think 10 days is more than enough.

how long do you have between surgery and going back to work ?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Thx Bebrguy:

I am going for surgery on Sept 6th and planning to go back to work on 18th.

Any more tips or concern we should consider after surgery? Pls keep us posted.

Thx

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey there... well concerns before surgery not really. its really a small procedure...

well when you are set with hotel and transportation (you can take the street car, 2 min from the forpoints hotel for 2,75$) and if you have your compression gear (if you think you need one) you need not to worry about anything else.

have a large buttoned down shirt for after surgery (cause it'll be a bit uncomfortable to raise your arms to slip into a tshirt after surgery and you'll have a lot of bandages so you'll need large clothes.

if you stay at a hotel on the night of the surgery be ready to see some blood and other liquid drain from your lipo holes: my hospital bed got quite a bit dirty over the night so i'm glad i stayed at the hospital on the first night. plus the adjustable bed is actually more comfortable than a flat one so that was cool.

last tip, i'd say : dont think about it to much . it is such a simple thing. i use to think: OMG i'm having surgery... cosmetic surgery, they are goint to cut through my nipples and remove stuff from there. but seriously no need for all this. i mean its true, they are going to do all those stuff but is a lot simpler than it seems.

i thought about the whole thing before i made the decision, i made the move and there i was, standing in front of the Operating room.
in minutes i was put to sleep and woke up a new man. the less you think about it the faster you'll forget about the discomfort (itching from the pads and tensor wrap) and those boobs that made you feel awful. it'll be gone very soon.

if youre lucky (like me) you wont have any pain AT ALL, but i guess i'm very pain tolerant in general and will forget all about it in a few days because it really doesnt show under clothes...

so relax and just go with the flow. ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024