Author Topic: Training Bra Phase  (Read 3694 times)

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Since we guys don't go thru the same "training bra" anticipation phase as young girls do, how long did it it take for many of you to get use to the feel (and enjoyment) of having a band wrapped snugly around your chest and having your breasts encased in cups? :) 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
I must assume the answer needs to be "at the point where you happen to feel more comfortable/confident in yourself"?  I mean, why would anyone wear a bra that "wrapped snuggly around your chest and having your breasts encased in cup" if they didn't need to wear one?  This seems like a fetish question to me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It’s not a “fetish” question. A well fitted bra will be snug around the chest because 80% of the support comes from the band. 
To answer the OP’s question, it takes time. I still feel it off and on after almost a year of wearing daily. But, mostly I forget after the first 20 minutes. You will feel it when it’s doing it’s job on bouncy roads or going down stairs. I’m a 40 DD and almost never get noticed, and when I do, no one seems to care.

Offline Johndoe1

I too agree this is not a fetish question. Everyone has a phase of actual acclamation. To some its a training bra. To others they skip the training bra and go straight to a support garment. One woman friend developed so fast, it was decided she needed to skip the training bra and start out in a regular bra.

Training bras are usually soft cup bras where the cup is just a piece of triangle cloth that will stretch a little to accommodate budding and to give the feeling of wearing a bra. By the time we decide a bra is needed, we are well beyond budding. With us, it's do I try a soft cup or underwire. For me it took about a month to get used to wearing it. Now I hardly notice it. I notice being braless more than wearing one due to the movement and weight. I was 40C when I started wearing a bra. After weight Los, depending on the bra, 36DDD/F or 38DD in underwire is what I wear now.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I didn't think my question fell into the "fetish" category as this section of the website is dedicated to "Acceptance Garments: Tips about where to find clothes and male bras that enhance your natural assets. What works and does not work."

Offline blad

Most girls look to wearing a bra as a mark of growing up and to that end will often want to wear a training bra long before they really need any support. Some girls do not want to feel they are maturing yet and avoid a bra past the point where they obviously could use one.

Obviously guys do not anticipated growing up into needing a bra; it is an unexpected development forced upon us and we usually resit the idea of wearing a bra for some time until we are convinced it may help our comfort and appearance in dealing with our breast development. I think a number of us who developed breast in puberty at the same time as the girls did may have been open to trying bras sooner as I did. In part, at that age we are bombarded by continuous comments to the effect that we needed a bra or should be wearing a bra. We are far less likely to receive continuous re enforcement that we need a bra if our development is later in life.

But regarding the question of becoming use to the sensation of wearing a bra and skipping the training bra phase. Ultimately, if we are developed enough to fill out a bra then we are likely to quickly accommodate to the new sensation of wearing one as it actually tends to feel better. Obviously a well fitting bra is key to quick acceptance of how the bra feels to wear. If we have breasts a wear a well fitting bra it is surprising how quickly you can start to forget you are even wearing one, particularly once you get past any concern of your bra being discovered. Do you think about your socks?
If the bra fits, wear it.

p.r.1974

Having development start at puberty, I skipped the training bra phase, and now in a 44D. I needed to be wearing consistently long before I did. I was comfortable in a bra long before I accepted the functional need, and that scared me a bit, so I avoided wearing for all of the reasons(fears) in my head that I knew were true. I eventually got over that to avoid movement and boob sweat.

Not a fetish question, and a little empathy will cover the guys that feel the need to wear a bra without the physical need side. We are all human, with an innumerable amount of experiences that shape us in ways different than another. As long as one is not harming, it is their business.  

Offline SideSet

Most men with gynecomastia don’t try wearing bras until there is a need for support.  I think any man who starts wearing a training or an A cup bra has a fetish or is a crossdresser and that he is trying to claim it is  an issue of how best to deal with gynecomastia, but everyone knows better. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Most men with gynecomastia don’t try wearing bras until there is a need for support.  I think any man who starts wearing a training or an A cup bra has a fetish or is a crossdresser and that he is trying to claim it is  an issue of how best to deal with gynecomastia, but everyone knows better.
Given that bras are for breasts regardless of the gender of the person that they are attached to, does that mean that A Cup bras and training bras should be taken off the market to prevent teenage girls and itty-bitty-titty-committee women from buying and wearing them? Why not?

If a male with small but growing breasts, whether he is a teenager or middle aged, decides to wear a supporting garment because he knows it will be necessary sooner or later but he presently lacks the confidence to do so and wants to learn what it feels like, and a simple training bra or bralette or crop provides that stepping stone, what's the problem?

Offline blad

I think it is a good bet that 99% of the guys who start wearing a bra for functional need don't come to that conclusion to try one until they are well past the traditional training bra size phase. There will always be exceptions.

p.r.1974

We all have opinions. I would hope that we are all striving to be more enlightened and accepting. I find it sad that some in the community that wear bras for function, cannot wrap their heads around another human feeling and acting on the need to start supporting that they feel is coming. It seems like cis binary hetero bs.

Offline blad

We all have opinions. I would hope that we are all striving to be more enlightened and accepting. I find it sad that some in the community that wear bras for function, cannot wrap their heads around another human feeling and acting on the need to start supporting that they feel is coming. It seems like cis binary hetero bs.
It is not a question of accepting but a comment that this most likely represents a very small subset. All the opinions here are just guess work as this forum is a very small sample size and real statistics in this area are non existent. 

p.r.1974

We all have opinions. I would hope that we are all striving to be more enlightened and accepting. I find it sad that some in the community that wear bras for function, cannot wrap their heads around another human feeling and acting on the need to start supporting that they feel is coming. It seems like cis binary hetero bs.
It is not a question of accepting but a comment that this most likely represents a very small subset. All the opinions here are just guess work as this forum is a very small sample size and real statistics in this area are non existent.
Why would statistics be non existent? Hmmmm.... I would say that the nearly impossible standards for how men and women are portrayed in every part of or lives since birth, have influenced our perceptions. The industries that would seek to dissuade studies that would affect their bottom line are worth billions; on top of what society has deemed acceptable. Getting people to come forward to a study with the expectations from their own family and friend bubbles on top of what society says, would be a difficult study to populate.

Does this make the individuals experience less valid? I am with Aussie63

Most men with gynecomastia don’t try wearing bras until there is a need for support.  I think any man who starts wearing a training or an A cup bra has a fetish or is a crossdresser and that he is trying to claim it is  an issue of how best to deal with gynecomastia, but everyone knows better.
Given that bras are for breasts regardless of the gender of the person that they are attached to, does that mean that A Cup bras and training bras should be taken off the market to prevent teenage girls and itty-bitty-titty-committee women from buying and wearing them? Why not?

If a male with small but growing breasts, whether he is a teenager or middle aged, decides to wear a supporting garment because he knows it will be necessary sooner or later but he presently lacks the confidence to do so and wants to learn what it feels like, and a simple training bra or bralette or crop provides that stepping stone, what's the problem?

p.r.1974

Acceptance that people are are different is universal, no matter what the forum. And for someone to call what another perceives as a need, a fetish; how is this okay anywhere. I generally wear a 46C to 44D depending on the bra, so I wear for function. But I didn't start at this size, The "not in my back yard" implication sends an intolerant message to new members looking for support from senior posters.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
"I’m supportive and belong to a few forums. Let’s take probably the most common other forum I see most of us on. MenWearBras. That community is incredibly different from this one."
I'm not aware of the MenWearBras forum. Where is a link to it? Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024