Author Topic: My Underworks compession t-shirt  (Read 8268 times)

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

Just want to to tell everyone how incredible my shirt from Underworks is!  I got the v-neck undershirt #979 a couple of weeks ago and was nervous about wearing it because I thought people would notice the difference and make comments.  I tried it out at a shopping mall first because most people wouldn't know me.  It was like a miracle! No more looks, stares, double takes, nothing.  The best part was when I saw a girl I used to know in high school 20 years ago.  She said hello and we talked for a minute, then as she was leaving she said "You look good." ::)  I haven't heard that from a girl in a long time.  This shirt is worth way more than $37!

When I wore it around my family members they could tell something was different but couldn't quite put their finger on what it was.  It only takes an inch off my chest but it takes it in the right places.  I am still to nervous to wear it to work though.  That is where I get the most ridicule.

I still recommend getting one of these if you are thinking about it.  Hope this helps 

Offline gynehater85

• Posting Member
How does it feel under the shirt? From the outside, like if somebody where to hug you or put there arm around you?

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
If someone were to hug you it would feel like you were firm.  Maybe like you were toned up.  There are no straps, buckles, or zippers to show through. The only way anyone could tell you are wearing any thing under your shirt at all would be the seams where the short sleeves meet the trunk of the shirt at the shoulder.  That is the same as with a regular undershirt though.  I think someone would have to feel you up pretty good before they noticed anything.  It is about like wearing a spandex shirt.   The first few times i wore it it was slightly itchy.  That has died down after a few wears though.

The compression is most where you are fattest.  For me that's the stomach and chest.  If someone were to playfully slap or poke me in the stomach they might notice that it was firmer than fat should be but they would really have to be paying attention.

When I take my shirt off it looks like i am just wearing a tight undershirt.  Which is what it is really.  The sleeves are not compression at all.  They are just like a regular undershirt.  If I changed shirts in a locker room I don't think anyone would notice that it was a compression shirt.  I wouldn't waste too much time changing shirts though.  If you waked around in it for a while someone would probably notice.

Offline gynehater85

• Posting Member
Reason I was wondering is because of my gf, have yet to tell her about it, and you know how gf's can be kinda clingy/touchy, was afraid she might notice when touching me, the only fat part on my upper body is the chest, so I guess it would do the job.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Yeah.  I would say you should be ok.  It will just feel like you have a firm torso.  The only thing I would be concerned about is taking it off during a sexual encounter.  I would advise taking it off at the same time you take off your regular shirt.  Also, you may want to practice and find a good technique for taking it off.  It is about 20% spandex so it doesn't quite come off like a regular undershirt.  If you have been sweating it can be difficult to get off.  When it is inside out, the inner lining looks more like spandex than a regular undershirt so it could be noticed.  I would recommend finding a technique for taking it off quickly and wad it up and put it under some other clothes you take off later (pants).  Doing that and maybe being in the dark a little just for good measure and everything should go off without a hitch.

Offline gynehater85

• Posting Member
Alright thanks man, btw, im 6'1 about 170 pounds, mostly chest fat, some stomach, what size should I get?

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I got some G2Compression vests, they aren't too comfy but do a good job of hiding it, feel comfier in a t-shirt but still too self-consious!

Definetly well worth the money though.

How does everyone wash them? they are handwash only yeah? I live at home and no one knows I have these so finding the time to wash and dry these is going to be REALLY hard .. anyone in the same situation? what do you do about it?

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
gynehater85,
Underworks has a sizing chart on their website. You will need a tape measure to measure your chest.  Most drug stores or sewing goods store sell them for next to nothing.  Once you know your chest measurement go by their sizing chart.  Use it and you shirts will fit just the way they should.  Mine did.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Jackd,

I don't know what the care instructions are for that type of vest, but if you do have to hand wash it, and want to do it privately, you could get a 5 gallon plastic bucket and let the vest soak in water and use Woolite detergent.  I think a lot of people use Woolite for delicate "handwash only" garments like cashmere sweaters and stuff.  This way you could do it in your bedroom without a lot of attention.  I guess you would have to dump out the water but you could do that at night when everyone is asleep.

The shirts I have have to be air dried.  I rigged up a discreet line in my bedroom where I can hang them up to dry.  They are kind of thick though and take a long time to dry.  I got a 12" oscillating fan and direct the airflow onto the shirts.  This speeds up the drying process a lot. 

I can machine wash the shirts that I have so I usually wash them as soon as I get home from work in the evening.  I am careful to watch the washing machine so I can take them out as soon as they are done.  Then I hang them up and turn the fan on.  Usually by morning they are dry enough to put away.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Cheers wildman, I think I might get away with washing them in the basin as soon as I get home from work it was the drying I was worried about. I think I'll do the same as you and hang them up in my room. cheers.

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
No pic.  Hoping to get a camera soon though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024