Author Topic: Question for post-op guys.  RE: Posture  (Read 2829 times)

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Just read a post by shaggy_dude, in which he mentioned the hunching and camouflage techniques we all seem to have used pre-op.  My question is this - Is anyone else finding it quite a conscious effort to stand up straight, walk with proper posture etc, now that the gyne is gone?
I still find myself hunching even though the boobs have gone!  The last 7 or 8 years have really taken their toll on my habits!  I also find myself sort of pretending to itch my nose just so i can get an arm across my chest.
Except when I'm thinking about the fact my chest now looks great, I'm now really conscious of whhether I'm standing up TOO straight and looking like a soldier on parade.

Does anyone have any good tips or advice on how to regain good manly posture?

Cheers lads
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
john ,

its gonna take a while i think to get a normal posture im 2.5 months post op and im gradually noticing im not doing all those bad habits i had before the op, im still in the habit of holding a pillow on my chest when im sitting on on a sofa round friends houses (i really must stop that!)
i had gyne for over 20 years so iit'll take a while.

paul.

p.s . oh and i find that i dont have to adjust my seat belt every 2 minutes ,when the strap used to go underneath the the moob(of course this was only required when carrying a passenger who might see them !)

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Oh gosh, tell me about it lads. Still feels quite odd walking with a straight back. methinks it'll take a while just yet. But it's all good!

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
Two things surprised me in the Gym on the tread mill last week; one, pre-op I wouldn't go near a gym, and two, that I didn't run standing upright.  

This week I have started to rectify my posture.  

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
  • Levick removed on 18/03/05, get in!!!!!
Since the op my family keep telling me that I seem to be standing up straighter and my posture has improved loads.

I havent really made a concious effort to do this, just seems to have happened, and I now seem taller than a lot of my mates cos I stand better  :)

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Yep. I used to be five foot ten, but now I'm six foot. ;)
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
I seem to be fixed haunched over - 2 years after my op but thats after 25 years of it. I too do the face touching - I had forgotten where that came from.

I got a couple of yoga DVDs from Amazon for five quid each  that focus on back and posture. Only been doing them for two weeks (20 mins every weekday) but I am improving fast. Next is the chiropractor, I also do gym work pull ups lateral row etc and stomach exercises cause lower back strength is important.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024