Author Topic: Weight loss BAD IDEA  (Read 3555 times)

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Ok so I will not be getting surgery for a few months yet and I decided to cut my bodyfat down a to about 8 percent before surgery. I do like the look of the abbs starting to protrude and all the muscle groups starting to look tight but I look down now and the gyno is so much worse it seems with every pound that I lose the gland sticks out further it is so irritating. I started with just a little puff in the nipples but as I lose weight and so far I have lost 44 pounds it seems that it is not just puffy nipples the area around the outside of the aerola is starting to puff aswell. It is starting to get very depressing I really just want these things gone.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
dude, once you get the surgery you'll be primo.  Its better to do the hard work now! 

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Weight loss is helpful to get the best result from the surgery. yes it sticks out more, so they know what to take.

Hang in there.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
The overall benefit from weight loss and working out far out weigh the apperance of gyne.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys it is hard to stay positive sometimes but that is why I look to turn to this board it really does help.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I hear ya man.  I have gained 2 inches in my chest from lifting over the past few months.  All it did was push out my pointy chest even further.  But I look at it in the way that I will hopefully have a nice, muscular chest after the surgery is done with, so I will continue to lift and build my chest until then. It's all I can really do.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
dude, once you get the surgery you'll be primo.  Its better to do the hard work now! 

Totally agree!
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I hear you man! I too have been trying to loose weight before my surgery and have experienced the same thing. I ahve lost 16 lbs in 7 weeks but I have been here before though, and the fact that the gyne always looked worse after the weight loss caused depression and loss of motivation and therefore the weight all came back. Now though I have a new agenda! Get the fat off and get the surgery done, then there will be no stopping me! Keep your chin up mate, soon you won't be able to keep out of the gym for all the right reasons.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024