Author Topic: Surgery done, now the result....  (Read 2111 times)

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
OK guys, I had my surgery yesterday. I was freaking out a bit because this was my first surgery...above all I was afraid of anesthesia...you know, the feeling of being unconscious and knowing that someone is doing smth on you....but as soon as the nurse gave me this intravenous sedative I fell asleep and I woke up 3 hours later! The surgeon told me that he did not have to put any drains on me which I found cool and they only put this tight vest around my chest which I have to keep for a month.

The first night I spent home was horrible, I could not sleep at all because I am not used to sleep on my back and was waking up every hour...I will have to get used to it as I read in many posts here that sleeping on your back for the first weeks is better as the healing process goes more smoothly.

I still have to see my chest in front of a mirror...I am scared to see that this f.... gyno is still there. On Friday I Will take a shower, I decided to wait one more day just in case I don't know that makes me feel a bit secure.

I can see from my vest though that me right breast is more visible than the left one, I hope this is due to this being swollen...after how many weeks or days were you able, guys, to see some kind of result? Am I too impatient? I realize that both breasts may be swollen but was wondering how much time this healing process may take.

This website is absolutely great and has been so inspirational to me, thanks to all of you that posted your experiences and stories here!

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
Hey jj - I had surgery on Monday, and have been having the same issues sleeping on my back.  I wake up with my back sore from it.

You should consider yourself lucky you have no drains.  These things are really irritating.

From what I've read from others, it's normal in the first comple weeks that the swelling makes it look like the doctor didn't remove anything at all.  I'm glad I won't have a chance to see my chest until my follow up appt in a couple days when the doctor hopefully removes the drains.

Offline outlaw706

• Posting Member
man i have sugery next monday. i dont sleep on my back. do u have 2? does it hurt that bad man?

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Hey there, maybe it's me that this sleeping on my back hurts so bad, I am not used to it! Last night I went to bed at around 11.30 pm and got up this morning at 5 am coz my back was aching...does anyone know a way to minimize back pain sleeping on your back? Please any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline MSJ108

Try some pain pills man.Your doc should hook you up so you can sleep

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024