Author Topic: Best exercises for burning fat  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
I'm looking to lose weight generally by burning fat, in the hopes that it may help my gyne, even a little bit.

I'm quite a novice about exercising so I just wanted to ask people here some of the basics. Is simply running on a treadmill at the gym a good way? Or the cycling and rowing machines? I've also started jogging in the streets some evenings.

thanks for any advice,

Offline King_V

• Posting Member
...Losing weight is always good but, your gyno won't simply be burned away like fat. Its a gland connected to stuff not simply excess body junk. I'm telling you this as a taekwondo sportsman who has practically been gyming for the past year 3x times a week losing over 1000 calories in every 1h 30m session...
Treadmill is always great for losing weight; try staying on for 15-30 minutes, I use it for 40 minutes starting at 6.5mph and ending at 10mph and losing over 600 calories in that one go. Rowing machines are also good, try to top up your cardio with lifting heavy weights as this will put your metabolism in uproar for far longer than cardio and this is what will help you lose wieght through out the day.

(Don't lift light weights for longer reps as this encourages fat and carbs into muscles for muscle endurance...good if you're an Olympic Rower bad if you want to destroy the fatty image.)

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
thanks for the tips.  :)

Is it better to do the cardio wourkout before the weight lifting, or doesn't it make a difference?
Does the time of day you work out have any effect?

Offline King_V

• Posting Member
I'm no expert but working out in the morning/early afternoon is said to keep your metabolism ('fat burning engine') at a high throughout the day, but its not so important. For fat loss, doing the weights first will burn off initial calories then with the hightend metabolism in motion cardio may have much more effective effects, but after weight training you tend to feel sore or 'pumped up' and cardio could feel choresome. But really anything its not really important, you should find what works for you. Good luck. :)

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
General rule of thumb: More muscle you have, more calories you burn throught the day.
Doing weights before cardio is more appropriate, as you can max out on weights when you are fresh.

Proper diet is important above all (Fat Loss = 90% diet + 10% exercise).
Eat small frequent meals (5-6 times a day). Each meal should should roughly encompass
the following calorie break-up:

40% protein.
40% carbs (good/complex carbs  - no refined carbs)
20% fat (good fat).

I cannot insist more than this about Diet, it's the ultimate factor!

Offline Shane_591

• Posting Member
I totally agree with rashdudes .... about the importance of an appropriate diet

I also posted a detailed explanation in

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14055.msg98390#new

have fun

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I've gotten good fat loss results using steppers/stairclimbers. they burn so much more calories than exercise bikes.  You can do around 800 in half an hour is you train up to a high level of resistance on it.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You can do around 800 in half an hour is you train up to a high level of resistance on it.

800 cals in 1/2....  :o   Man, you'd have to be really motor'n for the entire 1/2 hour...   :o

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dasani

Jump rope if you're in a small area or if it's raining or something

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
General rule of thumb: More muscle you have, more calories you burn throught the day.
Doing weights before cardio is more appropriate, as you can max out on weights when you are fresh.

Eat small frequent meals (5-6 times a day). Each meal should should roughly encompass

40% protein.
20% fat (good fat).

Good Post.

Joey101, I recommend reading one of my previous posts to help you better understand how your body works:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14307.0

Good Luck Bro

Offline rockin813

• Bronze Member
  • Doesn't have to be this bad....
here are my results from simply doing cardio during the wk at 45 minute sessions andkeeping heart rate in my fat burning zone which is around 153 or so.

these are results over two wks w/zero supplements or special diets or anything of other than eating heatlthy and avoiding stupid foods (althoug wknd i did have dessert)

We're all made up different...but can learn from one another...

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member

40% protein.
20% fat (good fat).

Good Post.

Joey101, I recommend reading one of my previous posts to help you better understand how your body works:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14307.0

Good Luck Bro

That's a really helpful thread, thanks.

I always wondered - if you consume less calories, is it your fat stores or your muscles that your body uses up first?

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
Muscle is always used up initially, hence rapid weight loss in the short run is bad and counter productive.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Muscle is always used up initially, hence rapid weight loss in the short run is bad and counter productive.

Right. Thats why you need to maintain a high protein diet. Your body breaks down muscle tissue for amino acids. (muscle proteins) If you maintain a high protein diet, you'll be able to hold onto that muscle (protein gets broken down into amino acids during digestion). Remember though, you WILL lose SOME muscle while dieting down, its inevitable... but keep your protein high, and don't drop calories too low, and you'll have no problem holding onto that muscle.

Offline PuNK

• Posting Member
@rockin813

are the pictures of same guys?

i am amazed...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024