Author Topic: Peculiar changes for week 5 post-op  (Read 4799 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
So i had my surgery 5 weeks ago, and since week one my chest hasn't changed much, i had scar tissue at once but it didn't change shape or size and there was no apparent change on my chest. I tough things could get only flatter and more normal looking. Now the area around my areola is milky white, i guess that means depigmented. The scar tissue seems to be right behind the skin of the nipple,and i got a few small indents and a line across my left nipple. Are these oscilations considered to be normal? I tought i could only get better, and i was getting better for a time and now this? Will it normalize itself again? Does it go up and down all the time until it has finally settled?

Offline MSJ108

My doc said MONTHS before final result. He said I could heal and see changes up to 6 or 7 months!!

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
I know man but these oscilations are killing me. One day it's fine the next day its rippled,hard,protruding,changing colour and shape.

Offline MSJ108

I know man but these oscilations are killing me. One day it's fine the next day its rippled,hard,protruding,changing colour and shape.

Dude I feel your pain. SAME THING HERE! It sucks! We gotta hang in there brother. Let me know if I can help.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Same here.  When my nipples get stimulated, parts of them turn white and somewhat lumpy.  It is very strange, but it's all part of the healing process!

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys, knowing that this happens to others and that it's a normal part of healing really helps. I'll post here if i have some major change in the following weeks!

Offline MSJ108

Thanks guys, knowing that this happens to others and that it's a normal part of healing really helps. I'll post here if i have some major change in the following weeks!

sounds good man!

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I have a similar problem.  But you will find that these "oscillations" as you call them, decay in magnitude and eventually damp out entirely, albeit with a very slow time constant. (months)
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline MSJ108

any updates man?

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Looks pretty much the same to me, not better nor worse. But as doc Elliot said on another topic, the tissue is the hardest until week 8. So i'm waiting for week 8 ,and i presume that then i'm going to start to see some changes for the better. I think i might have puffed them up a bit by weight lifting. so i'm taking a break from that too and doing cardio exercise only. swimming looks like a good option to me right now.

Offline MSJ108

Looks pretty much the same to me, not better nor worse. But as doc Elliot said on another topic, the tissue is the hardest until week 8. So i'm waiting for week 8 ,and i presume that then i'm going to start to see some changes for the better. I think i might have puffed them up a bit by weight lifting. so i'm taking a break from that too and doing cardio exercise only. swimming looks like a good option to me right now.

got cha. I got some hard tissue as well near the areola that is puffing them out a bit. I find that wearing an under armour shirt 24 - 7 as well as hard massaging twice a day for 10 minutes or so has helped big time!

ps I am 5 weeks post op

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024