Author Topic: Surgery performed last week - have dumb questions!  (Read 2739 times)

Offline finally!!!

I have been losing weight for the last 2 years - running a lot. I dropped from 219 to 156 over this period. Mainly to lose as much fat as I could before having this surgery done to fix my chest.

This issue has plagued me since I was 15 or 16 and everyone said it was baby fat and would go away.

I was pretty conscious of it, never learnt to swim because of it. Never went to the gym coz it was apparent that I had man boobs etc

Anyways, exactly last week I was home just about now after gyne surgery. In addition, they lypo'd my ab and flank regions at my request which I paid for, of course. Figured, I might as well get it done at the same time.

I have quite a few incisions that were made......

a) 2 underneath the armpit area
b) 2 on the base of my nipples
c) one inside the belly button,
d) 2 in the crotch area
e) 2 in the lovehandle areas

I am wearing a 2 piece garment - a short vest and a waist belt to help with compression. I also have been packed with 2 foam pads - one in the chest and other in the ab area.

I go back in 3 weeks to get stitches removed, so I can ask then, but everyone seems to be experts here!

So, here are my questions, based on above info:

1) How can I tell if gland excision was done?
2) Can I feel the gland somehow if its still there?
3) How long does swelling last? Some say 2 weeks, some say 4, some say 6 - I am wondering what the actual experience is?

I wish I had taken before pics, I didnt know this message board existed, I knew the site did and looked at several things on here, didnt see the message board link till a little bit ago. The doctor's office did take pics, so I may go ask for them to post up.

Anyways, I am glad to have found this board. I will have quite a few questions in the future as I would like to work out more and build my upper body which is the next stage of my plan to get looking and feeling better about myself

Thanks all!

DrBermant

I have been losing weight for the last 2 years - running a lot. I dropped from 219 to 156 over this period. Mainly to lose as much fat as I could before having this surgery done to fix my chest.

This issue has plagued me since I was 15 or 16 and everyone said it was baby fat and would go away.

I was pretty conscious of it, never learnt to swim because of it. Never went to the gym coz it was apparent that I had man boobs etc

Anyways, exactly last week I was home just about now after gyne surgery. In addition, they lypo'd my ab and flank regions at my request which I paid for, of course. Figured, I might as well get it done at the same time.

I have quite a few incisions that were made......

a) 2 underneath the armpit area
b) 2 on the base of my nipples
c) one inside the belly button,
d) 2 in the crotch area
e) 2 in the lovehandle areas

I am wearing a 2 piece garment - a short vest and a waist belt to help with compression. I also have been packed with 2 foam pads - one in the chest and other in the ab area.

I go back in 3 weeks to get stitches removed, so I can ask then, but everyone seems to be experts here!

So, here are my questions, based on above info:

1) How can I tell if gland excision was done?
2) Can I feel the gland somehow if its still there?
3) How long does swelling last? Some say 2 weeks, some say 4, some say 6 - I am wondering what the actual experience is?

I wish I had taken before pics, I didnt know this message board existed, I knew the site did and looked at several things on here, didnt see the message board link till a little bit ago. The doctor's office did take pics, so I may go ask for them to post up.

Anyways, I am glad to have found this board. I will have quite a few questions in the future as I would like to work out more and build my upper body which is the next stage of my plan to get looking and feeling better about myself

Thanks all!

I tell each of my patients what I did for each operation and we show them the glands.  Many tell us just seeing them helps knowing they have been removed. 

Swelling and Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem treated, skill of the surgeon, after care, Gynecomastia After Surgery Garments, and many other factors.  Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Photographs can help others understand your concerns. 

For patients with major weight loss issues and Chest Ptosis, loose tissues can be a remaining factor if that was not addressed during the surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:03:09 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024