Author Topic: NEED HELP PICKING DOC  (Read 2638 times)

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi,
Big dilemma here. There are two doctors in Atlanta. I will describe the pros and cons. I will getting full gyn removal with full chest lipo and stomach/flank/back lipo.

Doctor A
1. $7,000
2. about 20-25 yrs of experience
3. 70% of practice is male
4. Claims to perform more gyn. surgeries that any other doctor in Georgia, maybe the southeast.
5. Has very calm, nice demeanor--i feel real comfortable with him
6. Multiple board certified etc....this guy is very qualified.
7. Started 20-30 yrs ago as a dentist, but went back to med school for plastic surgery in the 1980's

Doctor B
1. $14,100
2. about 35-40 yrs experience
3. "Celebrity" doc--on tv, Discovery Channel etc.
4. Vast majority of practice is female. Does gyn, but not THAT often
5. Has grandfatherly demeanor...he's real nice and an expert by all means. I feel comf. around him.
6. Multiple board cert.--very very qualified.
7. My dad (a doc) trusted him to do work on my mom.

Doctors B trained and employed Doctor A some years ago.

I got scared that Doctor A's fees were so inexpensive. It made me think that he's inexperienced/bargain.

Doctor B really impressed me, and almost made me think that anyone else I use in the city is a quack.  I dont know what to do. If I need to pay more money for a more artisitic/experienced eye so be it. But how can you argue with a majority male/gyn practice?

Any advice?

Thanks,
M. Cano

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Fees vary around the country, but $14,000 sounds high for even Beverly Hills.  My fee in Orlando is under $5000.  So don't think $7000 is low.  I'd go with Doc A and spend the rest filling up my car.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14987.msg104793#msg104793 date=1216526460]
Fees vary around the country, but $14,000 sounds high for even Beverly Hills.  My fee in Orlando is under $5000.  So don't think $7000 is low.  I'd go with Doc A and spend the rest filling up my car.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

I agree. The fact that he does mostly males and a lot of gyne surgeries as opposed to doctor b who does not so many gyne surgeries should be reason enough to realize Dr. A is the better choice. 14000 is the highest I've ever heard of for this surgery. Before hearing 14 g's, 8000 was the highest I had ever heard of. Average price I think is going to be 4-6 thousand, so 7 isn't cheap by any means.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024