Author Topic: Normal or gyne?  (Read 6112 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... take some profile shots...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline pirlofan15

• Posting Member
I actually had one, but I just forgot to put it up there.  I'll try to get some up Monday

Offline Grandpa Bambu

10-4....

GB

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't need it, you can see it's gyne there, and it favors the left side, looks like a good 6-7" mass. 

rephrase that, there's nothing good about gyne  ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
yeah i can spot gyne there

Offline pirlofan15

• Posting Member
Ah man, ruins my day.  How much is surgery usually?  Do I have to wait until I stop growing to get surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

How much is surgery usually?

Surgery ranges from $3000 to $10,000 depending on the surgeon...  (do your homework dude...)

Do I have to wait until I stop growing to get surgery?

My advice is to wait until you are at least 18yo, then if the gyne is still there, you may want to consider surgery...

GB

Offline pirlofan15

• Posting Member
Wow, that's a crazy amount of money.  With the price of everything, I'll be 30 before I can even get the surgery.  I really hate it, it really brings my confidence level down and everything else.  This is pretty disappointing. 

I did read today though, when I was researching about it, that it can be temporary in adolescents.  I hope that's the case, maybe when soccer gets underway and I cut fat, my chest will shrink.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hopefully you are right. It does regress or shrink for many people.

I might have put my oar in here earlier except that I found the title offensive.

You see, in my opinion, we are all normal. In fact if you count those who never have any enlargement of the breast at any age, They are the minority.

The condition which we have in common is an embarrassment, Nothing more.
Grandpa Dan

Offline pirlofan15

• Posting Member
Excuse the title, wasn't thinking much about how to put it...I'm young though, so what is offensive to you may seem fine to me. Sorry about that.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
If I were you I would talk to your parents, tell them how you feel. Most parents understand and I read a bunch of cases where parents took their kids to the doctors and had surgery shortly after. Sadly I am part of the No Parent Support side, where my parents brush off the subject since they believe I dont have gyne and think surgery is non-sense. Luckily I am 20 years old and I can sign my own surgery, and I have my own money and job and dont have to depend on their financial support. So my friend talk to your parents see what they say, maybe they understand you and you get surgery sooner then you expected.

Good luck mate!
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline pirlofan15

• Posting Member
Thanks guys.  I've told my parents before, in a less formal way about it, when I thought it was just fat.  My mom didn't think it was anything at all, but she's not very educated on the topic because that's not her field.  I will bring it to their attention soon, along with the fact that it could be a little more than fat.

I'm going to tell my parents soon, and I'm going to see how the soccer season goes.  If they're still the same size after the season, then I can bet that nothing I do will make their size decrease.  Any help/tips/opinions are appreciated.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you have trouble talking to the parents, try a grandparent. They are close enough to be caring, but distant enough to be more objective. Sometimes they can be a great help.

I'm much more patient and receptive as a grandparent than I ever was as a parent.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
gyne is annoying as people who dont have it or have never had it find it very hard to understand.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024