Author Topic: Finally spoke out! Now two people know about my gyne including myself...  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Orbital

Well it got to the point that I could not take it anymore.  I was desperate to get surgery but could not afford it alone so I decided it was time to speak up and ask for help.  I could not do it face to face so what I did was write a letter to my mom explaining gyne and how it has affected me.  She was so supportive mentally and financially!  As soon as she found out she grabbed the phone book and started looking for a surgeon.  She told me there was nothing to be embarrassed about and that if it has been bothering me for such a long time I should have spoke up sooner so we could fix the problem.  I'm so relieved right now.  I can't wait for the day I can walk around in a tshirt with confidence!

For everybody out there that is struggling with this.  Just talk about it with somebody and you will feel so much better.  It will probably be very hard to speak up so maybe you can do what I did.  Write a letter and talk about it after.  Either way, letting somebody know how you feel will help so much. 

Good luck to you all!

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When a burden is shared, each person bears less of a load.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024