Author Topic: Anyone care to offer some advice?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Here's my situation:

I would LOVE to have surgery ASAP. I've already gone through much of the process, and have had a consultation with a doctor that I like. I have the money. Everything is irie as far as that goes.

The problem is that I play baseball. My current season ends in late November, which isn't the problem. I want to try out for the school team which is in January I believe. Since I am in school, I don't have much off-time to get surgery during the year. I really want to take baseball as far as I can, but I also really really want surgery.

I want to have surgery soon so I can go to the beach maybe as soon as this summer. It is something that bothers me greatly.

I am torn. I have no idea what I should do. Maybe I need to ask some questions...

How long after surgery would I have to wait before I can play baseball again? How long are you bandaged up (compression garment) after surgery? What do you think I should do? I really need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Assuming no complications (which are rare), you can usually return to active physical exercise within about 3-4 weeks after your operation.  That might provide a window between November and January.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
Do it during winter break if you can? I don't think you'd want to be in school right after and you probably have to wear something around your chest for a few weeks......so if you don't want people to know the break seems good. Like the doctor said you should be able to play baseball about a month after surgery. You might still feel some discomfort when moving certain ways from scar tissue or swelling for a bit. Depends... o.O

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Get the surgery - it sounds like this is most important to you at this time...Dr Jacobs is right, it will probably require 3-4 weeks of downtime and you should bounce back fine. Do it towards the end of November when baseball season ends, and you should be ready to try out for January. You may not be at 100% strength, but the chance of you causing any long term problems with you surgery are highly unlikely after 3-4 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024