Author Topic: Everythings moving so fast now! Surgery Dec 3rd with Benito.  (Read 11487 times)

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Didn't realise you had pics up was looking through users photos to see if i could find a case that resembled mines and turns out yours does alot. Alot of gland and looks normal after you've been to the gym. Not long to go, Benito seems to do a good job with everyone you must be excited! Just wondering how much its cost you in total...surgery, flights taxi etc....?

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hi, less than a week to go now! Nervous and excited at the same time!!

It's cost me quite a lot to be honest as I hit some unexpected hurdles.

Train ticket to london for consultation -£35 (I didn't realise I could go off-peak for £15!!)
Surgery - £3000
Flights (just for me) - £170 ( for some reason the return day was 4 times the cost of all other days!!? annoying but not much I could do :( )
Taxi (return) - £105
Passport fast track service - £95 + £20 train to london for p/port interview thing

So £3425 in total

I think that covers everything so far. A lot of money but it's just that... money.. can earn more of that easily, can't change your body too easy so hopefully it's worth every penny.

Quick question to all those who've been to Spain.. how did you pay? I read in the e-mail from Aida that £700 and a cheque for £2000 is acceptable but just wanted to see if anyone paid in this way, last thing I want is to get turned away when I get there for not having cash!

By the way, I will take some new pre-op pictures next week before I go and then post op pics and monthly updates.... hope my surgery is a success and helps with other peoples decisions to go for surgery. :)

I don't tihnk I look too much better than my last picture as my diet has been terrible and the training not so great either.. but once I'm able to train again after surgery I plan to eat like a horse and bulk up some! get my diet and training back on track!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:43:53 PM by Jackd »

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Bizare question:

Post op,  your on the plane, how will you get your luggage into the overhead locker?

Will arm/chest movement be sufficient to lift a case up and over your shoulder height?
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Just to add to the above comments

I paid cheque the first time didn't even ask for guarantee card

As for baggage I had no problems but at the end of the day I am sure the cabin crew would help just tell them you had a bad shoulder
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I'm all packed and ready to go. Hard to believe that this time tomorow I'll be gyne free. So nervous but mostly from excitement. I'll post a diary thread with pictures and stuff when I get back on Friday! Taxi is picking me up at 3am tomorow morning, not sure I'll get any sleep before hand but I'll try!

Thanks everyone for the suppport and advice. Without it I'd still be suffering in silence!

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
Good Luck - looking forward to hearing about your sucessful op  ;D

Weather is bound to be better as well!!

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Enjoy Barcelona while your there, lots to see especially if you have an interest in art and architechture.

Look forward to hearing your experience.

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Good luck mate. The hardest part about it will be the traveling there. Once at the hospital they'll really look after you and in no time at all you'll be waking up the other side and ready to start getting on with your life without the hassle of gynecomastia anymore.

Take care - look forward to hearing how you get on.

Offline davidibz

I've just returrned home (friday 5th, 2008) after surgery with Dr. Benito in Barcelona (also on 3rd of December), if you come across this message, you should work out who I am. I hope you'll get in touch, i'd really like to know how you get on. All the best with your recovery. Ibiza!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I am back home!

I have a lot to say, I will create a new post in the near future with my experience.

But a quick summary.. easy to get there, Aida is lovely, spanish girls are hot, met some very nice people in for the same op which made things so much better for me as I was there alone, spanish is impossible to understand if you don't speak spanish haha, dr benito done a very good job,  i hurt a bit but happy, flight delays on way home and finally arrived home to gammon steak and chips  ;D

As I say, more detailed post coming very soon!  8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024