Author Topic: my day, april 7th (now with pre op and post op pics)  (Read 7999 times)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I don't know what the before was like but your going to look just fine in that white t-shirt you were always too afraid to wear now!

And respect to you for having the courage to post a full pic!...most people on here, even post op, are like "don't photo my face it may ruin my career prospects" or something!

Nice one fella.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Congratz on everything!!

I salute you on your openess of gyne as I am totally opposite.

Just take it easy now and all the best on your recovery
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline gynoland

Great story man.. I had thought that i have to remain with my condition for the rest of my life until i came across this site..This site gave me hope and stories like yours give the extra hope...

And posting a photo with your face demands courage and man, You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
THANKS GUYS.  all i want is to support myself and everyone else.

i'm not shy anymore. sure there are certain people i havent told, plus its getting warm outside so it is uncomfortable with this vest on under another shirt. it gets kinda clammy. but the people i have told have been ABSOLUTELY wonderful. the other day i told one of my female friends and she completely started ranting and raving about how much courage i have. how i can help other and that she wishes people were like me. i love the kind words. but i wasnt that person either, till i started talking and discovered the weight was being lifted off my chest (literally lol) more and more as i told my story.

anyway my nipples are pretty dark from blood im assuming. my chest has swollen quite a bit. i get the stitches out in 2days.

thanks again guys. keep em coming. ya got a big ole' smile on my face. i appreciate everything. life just keeps getting better
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:07:45 AM by gottadog »

Offline mistersinister

• Posting Member

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
thank you ms.

my attitude toward life is so much more positive. i'm no longer depressed. i cant wait to hit the gym hard after a month or so. i decided to make me who i want to be. for years i never cared about myself. the gyne sure did a number on my mind.

GynO_DuDe

fantastic results, matches your body so obviously once healed, and whatever you wish to do ... i.e. gym, will definitely make your overall look even better!

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Hey man, congrats on everything.

I actually had my surgery the same exact day you did, so it'll be cool to compare and see how things progress from here.

My experience was much like yours as far as not feeling much of anything the day of the surgery and feeling completely fine aside from being woozy.. and then waking up on day 2 feeling like I was hit by a truck. The only difference is that I didn't have drains put in. I was asymmetrical going into the surgery... there wasn't a lot of gland on my right side but the doc did work on that side anyway. There was much more on the left. The right side is already healing quickly since not a lot needed to be done there and it doesn't hurt much at all aside from general soreness at this point. The left side is still swollen and I'm still very bruised in some spots (underneath my collarbones, most of my left pec and a lot of the center of my chest where my ribcage meets). I'm still really uncomfortable as far as getting up and showering and walking around because my left side feels kind of heavy and the pressure from the binder I'm wearing is causing most of the discomfort.

Is that first post-op pic a picture of you right after the surgery? Looks outstanding. I didn't get to see my chest right after the surgery, they put me in a compression shirt and binder immediately after to keep the swelling down so I didn't get a peek until 2 days later when I was first allowed to remove the binder and shower. At that point, my right side was COMPLETELY flat but my left side was swollen and looked a bit like it did before the surgery. Obviously I've got a ways to go until I see the final result, but directly after the operation I was told that both sides were flat and even. So I'm expecting that to be the case when I heal up completely and go through everything else entailed in the process.

Anyway... it's a heck of a relief, isn't it? I dealt with gyne for 10 years (I'm 24 now) and I'm thin. Nobody ever understood why I always avoided going to the beach or taking my shirt off, etc.. cause they couldn't figure out what the hell I'd possibly be ashamed of. I got really good at hiding it to the point where over that 10 year span, almost nobody EVER even noticed. But those 10 years were nerve racking and miserable... I'd avoid SO many things that I really wanted to do, I hated the warm weather (as a kid I absolutely loved it) and wished it was always cold out so I'd have a reason to wear a lot of layers. I'm so glad I finally had this procedure done and I really wish I had it done sooner. Can't wait to be healed up and back to normal, I'm sure it's the same for you. Good luck!

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
right on dude. the first pic is the one with the drains a few mins before the nurse cut the stitch holding each in place and then removing them. that was thursday. i didnt get to see my chest till early that day. but i did kinda peek by pulling my vest out enough to see past all the gauze when i was wake and conscious enough to. before it got a little swollen like in that first pic, i could see exactly how flat and nice my chest looked. its beautiful. cant wait for the swelling go down. i cant believe i looked down at my chest and thought "wow, i love how i look".

it still is so baffling because of all these years of hell. i look down and now i dont see pointy man boobs. puffy nipples. the feeling of them giggling when i'd walk or run or hiding them. the 5900bux i spent. is the cheapest yet most money i've ever spent. because my final result even though arent present, are already doing the magic i was so hopeful and doubtful right before surgery.

right before surgery i was so scared, i felt like indiana jones when he had to take that step and seeing no ground to stand on.

i might repeat myself alot as i type here. but the feeling of this is a constant, i ramble here. i am constantly smiling and looking at my vest as i lay here on this bed on this lap top or as i watch tv. today has been a week. already. for one week i've been so satisfied with how i am physically. the money was worth it for this week alone.

so you had your surgery on tuesday as well, what, where and who was your surgeon. how much was it?

i have a great feeling of comfort with dr suess (sus). he is a very very nice man. very professional and i had the immediately felt he was a family man, and he treated me as i was his friend or family. he was very gentle, descriptive and i recommend him to anyone in the bay area.

i had previously met dr delgato. he was 1400 dollars more. nice guy for sure, but something about him just wasnt there for me. i didnt feel very comfortable. and out of the 4 surgeons i saw for consultation he was the only one i had to pay 50 dollars for. i understand time is money it was just one of those things you notice at first and that does remain in my mind.

anyway i'm done for now. today i think will be the last day i take pain meds, except tylenol., no more darvocet. i think they've made me constipated. that or the antibiotics. but i only had those for the first few days.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
right on dude. the first pic is the one with the drains a few mins before the nurse cut the stitch holding each in place and then removing them. that was thursday. i didnt get to see my chest till early that day. but i did kinda peek by pulling my vest out enough to see past all the gauze when i was wake and conscious enough to. before it got a little swollen like in that first pic, i could see exactly how flat and nice my chest looked. its beautiful. cant wait for the swelling go down. i cant believe i looked down at my chest and thought "wow, i love how i look".

it still is so baffling because of all these years of hell. i look down and now i dont see pointy man boobs. puffy nipples. the feeling of them giggling when i'd walk or run or hiding them. the 5900bux i spent. is the cheapest yet most money i've ever spent. because my final result even though arent present, are already doing the magic i was so hopeful and doubtful right before surgery.

right before surgery i was so scared, i felt like indiana jones when he had to take that step and seeing no ground to stand on.

i might repeat myself alot as i type here. but the feeling of this is a constant, i ramble here. i am constantly smiling and looking at my vest as i lay here on this bed on this lap top or as i watch tv. today has been a week. already. for one week i've been so satisfied with how i am physically. the money was worth it for this week alone.

so you had your surgery on tuesday as well, what, where and who was your surgeon. how much was it?

i have a great feeling of comfort with dr suess (sus). he is a very very nice man. very professional and i had the immediately felt he was a family man, and he treated me as i was his friend or family. he was very gentle, descriptive and i recommend him to anyone in the bay area.

i had previously met dr delgato. he was 1400 dollars more. nice guy for sure, but something about him just wasnt there for me. i didnt feel very comfortable. and out of the 4 surgeons i saw for consultation he was the only one i had to pay 50 dollars for. i understand time is money it was just one of those things you notice at first and that does remain in my mind.

anyway i'm done for now. today i think will be the last day i take pain meds, except tylenol., no more darvocet. i think they've made me constipated. that or the antibiotics. but i only had those for the first few days.

Absolutely, man... I'm right there with you. Knowing the relief I will feel when I'm healed up and no longer have to deal with this for the rest of my life is an incredible feeling.

I went with Dr. Jacobs in NY... he was expensive but I just felt that he was the most experienced and most skilled. Going with him, I felt that I'd have the smallest chance of ever needing any kind of revision surgery and also felt I'd probably end up with the best results. So, yes.. it was expensive (about $6500), but I think it will end up being well worth it if the end result is what I want (and I think it will be). The last thing in the world I'd want to do is have a mediocre doctor who isn't as well versed in gynecomastia surgery mess me up and leave crater deformities or another asymmetrical situation... what a nightmare THAT would be.

I go for my first post-op appt. today, so it'll be good to hear from Dr. Jacobs himself what he thinks of my progression so far and I'll be able to ask him a few questions directly.

Also, today is by FAR the best I have felt since the surgery. I am much less sore... getting up and walking around is a ton easier than it was for me just 2 days ago. I was worried that I was going to be extremely sore and uncomfortable for a much longer time frame since it didn't seem to be going away much, but ever since late last night and today, I've felt a ton better. I'm still sore in some spots, but there's a world of difference which is really encouraging.

Oh, and yeah.. the pain meds are very constipating. I had to take the Tylenol 3 (Codeine) I was prescribed because I was very uncomfortable the first few days and had trouble sleeping and it gave me some stomach problems.  I don't need it anymore, though.. and I'm fine now. The sooner you can get off the pain killer and switch to extra strength Tylenol, the better.

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
i had talked to dr. jacobs on the phone. he is a super nice person. i didnt go with him because i just didnt want to stay in ny for that long.

yeah the last few days i've feelt a ton better. both sides hurt alittle, but its not much. oh and i took my last pills last nite.

both sides are kinda hard now. the swelling has gotten to the point where it looks like i have breasts again. but only slightly. at least this time i dont have pointy and puffy nipples.

share with us when and if you can. i'd love to see some before and after pics

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
these were taken a week ago. my right nipple started gathering a little fluid. went in the other day he removed it. my left side looks great. though i see a VERY small crease horizontally just above the actually nipple with in my areola. might have to have that revised. looks like a mini skin adhesion like i've seen in some other peoples pics.  swelling is still there, but the bruising is almost gone. my left side incision looks much better then the right i think its because the fluid kinda pushed it apart. he said i look fine. i think it is just me. i'm seeing such a difference and i know its only getting so much better. i'm so happy.

both pics are from my cell phone. for some reason the pics are reversed. the bottom pic shows my nipple crease that i mentioned

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:49:28 PM by gottadog »

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
I think it looks good for just 22 day's, don't stress too much it will improve each week

Offline gottadog

• Posting Member
  • capital P
thanks. i'm not stressed at all. i started massaging and i feel a difference already. best 6 grand i ever spent. i already love having my shirt off. first in my whole life.

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
hows the recovery goin man? Im currently 11 days post op and so far so good. So your about a month post-op now right? What can I expect in the next few weeks?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024