Author Topic: how does your chest look with arms over head? (after surgery)  (Read 4056 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
question for people who had the surgery :

how does your chest look when you raise your arms over your head?
anyone with 100% normal looking chest with arms raised ?
Ive never seen any post op photos of people with raised arms from the side

I had surgery 2.5 years ago, I have a slight indentation when I raise my arms over my head, looking from the side..

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Most people don't worry about how their chest looks with their arms over their head.  You don't often walk around with your arms over your head anyway...do you?   ;)

Your indentation could just be some small cratering.  It must be very minor if you only noticed it with your arms raised.  Why does this worry you?
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Most people don't worry about how their chest looks with their arms over their head.  You don't often walk around with your arms over your head anyway...do you?   ;)

Your indentation could just be some small cratering.  It must be very minor if you only noticed it with your arms raised.  Why does this worry you?

That's pretty much what my own surgeon told me too. He said when a post-surgery person raises his arms directly in the air, there's a slight indentation look.

But who gives a crap!
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
I fail to understand why when you raise arms it should look like crap or crater.  Sometimes I do raise my arms (not when I am walking), but why should you have cratering in those situations?  FWIW, I think Bermant claims his patients do not have cratering when lifting arms.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

I had surgery 2.5 years ago, I have a slight indentation when I raise my arms over my head, looking from the side..

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how some patients can pick a nice result apart.  I don't mean to be mean, but....re-read your statement above and think about how ridiculous that sounds.

Be happy that you have a good result.  All plastic surgery patients, whether gyne patients or otherwise, need to have realistic expectations.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=17811.msg123531#msg123531 date=1243274531]

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how some patients can pick a nice result apart.  I don't mean to be mean, but....re-read your statement above and think about how ridiculous that sounds.
[/quote]

Lol, so true.

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
Dr. Pope I do find your harsh statements offensive, I dont understand what you find ridiculous about my comments?
You havent even seen my indentations and therefore can't trivialize it.
You say you don't want to sound mean but you do...I hope you dont act like this to your patients too when they worry about something...

The indentation has improved...Ive read that people have seen improvements 4-5 years after surgery, I wonder if the indentation will improve with my chest as well...right now it looks like too much fat has been removed.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Dr. Pope I do find your harsh statements offensive, I dont understand what you find ridiculous about my comments?
You say you don't want to sound mean but you do...I hope you dont act like this to your patients too when they worry about something...

The indentation has improved...Ive read that people have seen improvements 4-5 years after surgery, I wonder if the indentation will improve with my chest as well...right now it looks like too much fat has been removed.

Gynebob, you phrased it very badly. It sounds utterly ridiculous.

Post some pictures if you want to get a more accurate response.

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I don't get it, you mean my grammar is ridiculous? or is it ridiculous that I worry about indentations on my chest?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:46:19 PM by gynebob3 »

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Without visual evidence, the people who read this will immediately think that

A) Because you have indentations, you probably had surgery and most of the tissue was removed.

and

B) You're whining about a small problem.

But without pictures, as Cellar said, you can't expect to get accurate responses from Doctors and viewers of this board.  My guess is, if you've made it two and a half years without worrying too much, it probably isn't a huge problem.  But if it is, I don't see why it would have taken so long to start worrying about it.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

If you re-read your initial statement, you called it a  slight indentation that could only be seen with your arms held up...when viewed from the side.

To me that sounds trivial.  Once again, I tried to explain that many patients find fault with even a trivial problem after surgery.  If you're looking for absolute perfection, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  That's what I was trying to say.

GynO_DuDe

Just echoed EXACTLY what I was going to say ...

If your expecting 100% perfection, then sorry lads, its not happening ... it's gynecomastia 'CORRECTION' surgery, not 'PERFECTION'.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024