Author Topic: GLANS REMOVED VIA ARMPIT LESS CARS  (Read 5313 times)

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting an op done to remove gland tissue via an armpit incision mainly because the  scars are not visible under the armpit.

Many people have had good results but some people say incisions from the armpit to remove gland is not effective. My doc plans to remove it with special tools not lipo where he  pulls the gland from a 1cm -1.5cm incision under the armpit and cuts it up with special instruments. Can this cause more tissue scaring than an incision done on the areola? the doctor i will have it with is Paul Levick who is very well known in the uk for this type of surgery. i asked if its effective he said if it wasnt as effective an an areola incision i would not do it. Any help guys? anyone had gland removed via an armpit incision?
Id its done this way can it still get rid of puffy nipples? i assume what causes puffy nipple is the gland so whether its taken from an incision under the armpit or areola makes no difference aslong as the surgeon takes out most of it right? its only a problem where he/she doesnt take out all the gland any help docs/people who have had it or anyone who has info?? thanks

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
thanks ive already seen all the posts but would like people's experiences with this type of surgery and any unbiased views from doctors not views from doctors. some doctors are good at this technique some not, please refer to my initial post guys and any input would be great.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i always thought side approaches were for lipo-only cases.  if he's doing gland, he's really not going to see what he's doing well, and that might not be good for results.  he'd be better off doing a semicircle or less incision on the edge of the areola, it'll scar a little, but if he cuts and mends it carefully, after a year you probably won't notice. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

Hey guys,

Im looking into getting an op done to remove gland tissue via an armpit incision mainly because the  scars are not visible under the armpit.

Many people have had good results but some people say incisions from the armpit to remove gland is not effective. My doc plans to remove it with special tools not lipo where he  pulls the gland from a 1cm -1.5cm incision under the armpit and cuts it up with special instruments. Can this cause more tissue scaring than an incision done on the areola? the doctor i will have it with is Paul Levick who is very well known in the uk for this type of surgery. i asked if its effective he said if it wasnt as effective an an areola incision i would not do it. Any help guys? anyone had gland removed via an armpit incision?
Id its done this way can it still get rid of puffy nipples? i assume what causes puffy nipple is the gland so whether its taken from an incision under the armpit or areola makes no difference aslong as the surgeon takes out most of it right? its only a problem where he/she doesnt take out all the gland any help docs/people who have had it or anyone who has info?? thanks

Under Arm Incisions Require Sculpture from a remote location and depending on either liposuction or long fine cutting tools.  Some doctors may try the remote location first and then add additional scars by the areola.  I prefer to limit the scars on the surface and internally.  Two surface scars are much better than 4 or more.

I have seen just too many unhappy patients with puffy nipples remaining after axilla or armpit attempts alone using sharp cutting cannula or other such instruments by other doctors.  Check out this drawing of Puffy Nipple Anatomy after Remote Gland Removal Drawing.

I have also seen patients with channel problems between remote access sites and the areola / nipple.  Scars, adhesions, and depressions can look terrible.  Check out the lateral (side views) and posterior oblique (side from the back views with and without muscle flexion here to see what I mean.

For a liposuction cannula to remove gland, it can also remove connective tissue and other structures which can lead to more bruising and scars.  I have seen so many patients who were unhappy from doctors that used "special cannula to remove gland," that I just prefer to go directly to the problem itself.  Primary surgery is usually better than needing a revision.  All male breasts have gland.  With access to the gland directly, I can peel it off the areola muscle, minimize bruising and bleeding with direct control of the tiny blood vessels, and then reconstruct the contour.

The incision at the edge of the areola  opens up my entire spectrum of artist's pallet of tools for my sculpture.  A remote incision robs me of many options and just does not looks as nice.  I prefer to avoid this unnecessary additional scar.  Gland removal by any technique can still leave a depression when  a major part of the problem is from gland.  For gland removal, I prefer the greater precision of removal under direct visualization and feel.  This also give me access to many more elements for my artistic palette of my Dynamic Technique to sculpt the remaining tissues.

This approach permits me to maximize the removal of the firm gland and sculpt the remaining fat.  How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  Scars to be considered include the sculpted tissues, yes the entire zone operated on.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.  It is like an artist selecting a paint brush.  The results are what matters, not with what tool they sculpt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More aboutGynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

irish lad

mate i got it done armpit excission with dr benito my results are on the uk section just search for them.. its more painful because you wont really be able to lift your arms above your head for around 1/2 weeks.

im going back for a revision though, my chest is a million times better than before but i still have slight gyne dont think its anything to do with the excission i had!!

DrBermant

mate i got it done armpit excission with dr benito my results are on the uk section just search for them.. its more painful because you wont really be able to lift your arms above your head for around 1/2 weeks.

im going back for a revision though, my chest is a million times better than before but i still have slight gyne dont think its anything to do with the excission i had!!
I have evolved my surgery that it is extremely rare to need to perform a revision for one of my own patients. However, I see many patients from around the world for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery who were not happy with what their first doctor did.  Surgical exposure is one element in my low revision rate.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024