Author Topic: Has any 20 year old gotten a loan for gyno surgery?  (Read 7826 times)

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
I want to get the surgery my Dr. Bermant- I called his office and they reccomended surgeryloans.com, saying many of their patients use this for loans. Has any 20 or below year old gotten a loan from this company or another one like it without a co-sign?  The reason I can't cosign if I don't want my parents to find out at all that I am having this surgery.

Paying it back will not be an issue. I would need to borrow 5000 dollars only, and have a job at college where I make 2 grand a semester, so I am thinking I could pay it off easily in 18 months...any tips...

and do you think my parents will know that I took out a loan if all the papers get mailed to my college address only? Like how much snooping into my bank affairs would they have to do to discover that I had taken out this loan from surgeryloans.com

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
I do have money saved up - about 2K. And that money from work could be used in its entirety to pay back the loan (100%) , because they pay for all my expenses at school, including rent etc. My credit score is 740, but I only have 1 credit card on file. You don't think I'd be eligible for a loan w/ this?

DrBermant

That's not going to be enough money, I am telling you right now.  How far are you located from Bermant's office?  Remember, you're going to have to fly there a couple of times at least...

Many of our patients come to Richmond only once by starting with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
No health insurance? My Blue Cross paid for my surgery. gland only, no lipo. Otherwise Dr. Goldberg in Northern Virginia said it was $3500 for gland removal without lipo if paying out of pocket. He is located around 30min form Washington Dulles airport. My results were very good.

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
WOw how did you get blure cross to pay? I tried three different times and they refused every time. They made every excuse in the book. Blue cross does not consider gyne a health issue. They said if they did they would pay for womans breast reductions. I told them your nuts...how can you compare a MAN with breasts to a woman wanting a breat reduction????

The doctors are a big problem too, everyone i seen said oh you don't have huge breasts so its no big deal. We see guys with C cup sizes and you're not that big SO I GUESS UNLESS YOU fit the doctors idea of bad you don't get help.

I PERSONALLY hate the medical community and all they hollier than everyone else BS. Who the hell are these doctors to say qwho gets what? SCREW THEM!

Agreed. When I tackle my health insurance company (Motion Picture), its gonna be tough. They are seriously bankrupt and they are denying all kinds of coverage to all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons. I'm gonna go in saying that my breasts hurt (because they do. I can't even sleep on my stomach at night) and if they still deny it, I'm going to ask why they would cover a woman's breast reconstructive surgery after a masectomy to restore a sense of normalcy, but not a man's.

Offline legalman

• Posting Member
BCBS will pay, but is going to be a bitch getting them to do so. First, search their gynecomastia policy and read it like a bible. Make sure you are able to meet those criteria. For most guys this should not be a problem, however it is a process that will take at least a year in many cases.

Honestly though, if you have insurance to begin with, and don't have to pay OOP for your doctor's visits, there is no reason not to jump through the hoops. Its a lot of work, but it is definitely possible. I just found out today that my insurance will cover it (the day before my surgery!) and it felt like winning the lottery.

Maybe after my recovery, if people are interested, I will describe a step by step way to approach getting insurance to pay for it. I did it through BCBS, one of the major providers here in USA, so it might be helpful to some other readers.

Offline Kimaris

Legalman I'd love to hear your story. I have BCBC as well.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if the statistics are true i bet most of us here are "pre-existing conditions" anyway :(
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gogo_vs

BCBS will pay, but is going to be a bitch getting them to do so. First, search their gynecomastia policy and read it like a bible. Make sure you are able to meet those criteria. For most guys this should not be a problem, however it is a process that will take at least a year in many cases.

Honestly though, if you have insurance to begin with, and don't have to pay OOP for your doctor's visits, there is no reason not to jump through the hoops. Its a lot of work, but it is definitely possible. I just found out today that my insurance will cover it (the day before my surgery!) and it felt like winning the lottery.

Maybe after my recovery, if people are interested, I will describe a step by step way to approach getting insurance to pay for it. I did it through BCBS, one of the major providers here in USA, so it might be helpful to some other readers.

Hi, I would like to know those steps also. I am fighting with BCBS of Illinois for more than a year. Thanks.

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
I want to get the surgery my Dr. Bermant- I called his office and they reccomended surgeryloans.com, saying many of their patients use this for loans. Has any 20 or below year old gotten a loan from this company or another one like it without a co-sign?  The reason I can't cosign if I don't want my parents to find out at all that I am having this surgery.

Paying it back will not be an issue. I would need to borrow 5000 dollars only, and have a job at college where I make 2 grand a semester, so I am thinking I could pay it off easily in 18 months...any tips...

and do you think my parents will know that I took out a loan if all the papers get mailed to my college address only? Like how much snooping into my bank affairs would they have to do to discover that I had taken out this loan from surgeryloans.com

You say you have 2k saved up and you get 2k a semester workin just save up and do pay it in cash or watever!  I didn't tell my parents either and still haven't yet lol.  I'm 11 days post surgery aslo.  I saved up alot and payed it cash more than you're paying.  My mom has a joined bank account with me also but she doesn't really keep up with wat comes in and wat comes out and stuff also cause im not in college anymore (i quit) but i used a $500 deposit out of my bank account (only cause i had to and didn't feel like goin home and gettin the money then driving 30min. back to the Dr. office to pay it in cash) and payed the rest in cash.  But you have to worry about plane tickets, cabs fees, and hotel bill also!  (Well that's if you don't live in Virgina lol, unless you gon drive)  I'm way down south so I def. wasn't makin that drive to Virginia cause i was goin to go through dr. bermant to but it would have just been easier and cheaper to stay home and do it.  Check out my before and afters!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024