Author Topic: Would you make fun of others?  (Read 6563 times)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I wonder if this extends to people who are different in other ways.

Many years ago, I worked as a courier (runner) at a law firm in detroit.  My job was to drive around and deliver stuff for the attorneys.

It was hypocritical to see the difference in what they say and what they do.  What I mean is, these attorneys would treat the people in the mailroom, office cleaners, runners, and garbage people like crap.

Yet at office functions where their family was involved, they were constantly telling their kids to be kind to all the other kids, including a couple kids who were not as "cool" or tough as the other kids.

It was a classic example of do what I say, not as I do.

Kind of a dumb post. I guess my point is that sometimes people aren't even aware of how crappy they treat others.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 08:49:12 AM by jc71 »

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
I would admire his bravery and support him as much as I can.

Its funny I remember going swimming in a public pool last year in Kuwait. my chest looked deformed with the implants. I did not notice anyone making fun of me. maybe behind my back??!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 05:54:52 AM by allbah »
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline jc71

Now that I think about it, I was pretty mean to other kids too.  Growing up I played a ton of Hockey (always liked the sports where big shoulder pads could cover gyne).  

I thought I was a hot shot and if you weren't or were not good at sports, I ripped you pretty good.  

Granted, I was 18 years old at the time.  Looking back, I was pretty mean at times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was never mean to others.... except when they pi$$ed me off!  :P

John.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 07:52:07 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If there was another breasted man there who had balls enough to take off his shirt I'd take mine off too. I've done it before.

People do not tease for long unless you make a good volunteer victim.
Grandpa Dan

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Re: Would you make fun of others?

of course not. I know the feeling, and it's not funny on my part.

like for example, this past few days, i had a co-worker who always makes fun of my chest. I said to myself "that's ok (for now), sooner or later my fist will land on your face."  >:(
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Personally, I wouldn't dare make fun of him.  The one thing Dr. Fielding said that put this thing into perspective for me is that no guy asked for this condition (in his right mind anyway).  I would definitely try to change the subject even if it meant doing something stupid.  

If he was hurt by the abuse he received, I would go over to him and talk about it with him (when things settle down)  but I wouldn't reveal my gyne or that I use to have gyne.  I would tell him a "buddy" of mine had it and recommend this site because my "buddy" would surf this site all the time.   That sounds awful I would do it that way but it's the way I feel.  I'm not even telling my parents or girlfriend about this so why would I reveal it to anyone else?    

Offline jc71

If there was another breasted man there who had balls enough to take off his shirt I'd take mine off too. I've done it before.

People do not tease for long unless you make a good volunteer victim.

Yep.  Nothing more fun for kids to tease than a willing victim.
:)

I used to tease Blarneystoner, then he started joking about himself and it took all the fun away.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 11:06:20 AM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The whole idea of teasing is juvenile.

The teaser is usually attempting to focus the groups attention on to the victims problem,  That way they do not need to face their own inadequacies or have them exposed.  

Ironically the more mature mind sees through this strategy and the insecurities of the teaser are laid bare.

Typically, the bully is, in some way, a weakling.

Offline Goldrush

• Posting Member
I'd take off my shirt aswell and say we both got bigger titties than your girls.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
The kid I was talking about was sorta drunk so I'm not even sure that he cared at the time.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024