Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66453 times)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Hey guys.  Got the surgery done yesterday.  No need for me to tell you step by step as it's been said alot on this site.  All I have to say is thank God for medication.  The "will feel like a chest workout"  may be somewhat true, but more painful. All in all it went well.  They said they took out a nice chunk of gland and 400CC of fat (1 cup of fat per boob)

Now I'm excited for the week to pass so i can take off the vest to see what was done.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
one more thing, does anybody have a link to any thread here or anything on preventing re-occurrence of gyno after you've had the surgery?

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, surgery was done yesterday morning at 9AM! I spent the entire day at the hospital and left today at 10AM.

Also, BS on it feeling like a chest workout lol. That was probably the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I couldn't move. They gave me morphine twice, percocet once, and tylenol + codeine twice. Also I'm at home now with a prescription of tylenol + codeine.

I don't know how anyone can be discharged the day of lol. Dr Fielding told me why I would be in pain though, he said that my glands were so far deep and stuck to my pectorals that they had to claw in there and get it. He said at first it looked like I didn't have much in there, that he was about to take out glands the size of a walnut, but after "digging" in there he removed a gland that was approx. 5 inches long and 3 inches wide. The glands were really spread out far beyond my nipples.

Also he said that that is why my pectorals were randomly doing spasms. Because they scratched my pectorals or something. They also removed 200 cc of fat on each side.

I can't wait to take off the foam pads in 5 days to check out the preliminary results!

My pre-op pictures are on page 3 in case any one was curious.

it feels so good to be on "the other side" hehe :) Maybe it was the morphine still doing it's talking but I was all smiles walking in Toronto on my way to the coach canada bus station haha.

Also Darth menace, that's great. I don't know if I saw you or not, I was looking out for someone young with gynecomastia and I didn't spot you.

And lamp, those look okay, in the paper that Dr. Fielding gave he said to maybe expect those "dents" you call them. Massage your nipples a few mins a day and wait a month and
it should correct itself.

Cheers guys I'll post update pics when I get them.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
Thank you so much Dr. Bermant and GB. You guys are always helpful and its sad to say I let myself get too self-conscious about my chest even when I told myself I shouldn't especially at this stage. Again I apologize if I scared anyone who is planning to get surgery done or had it done.

Wow congrats to you Darth and Mtl. I feel like this is the class of 10' for gyne lol! Your pecs may have been doing spasms from the reaction from the fluid Mtl. Yeah I can understand why you are in so much pain because you have a lot done for yourself but I'm real happy for you and all of us so far. Even when I got mines done, I felt fine after but I could never imagine anyone really being let go right after especially if its general anesthesia.

Most of the pics other than mines in this thread aren't available anymore, so maybe you can re-upload them when you get the chance along with post-op when you can. In my opinion keep the pads on for the full seven days just to be safe, since you did have more done onto your chest.

hatey and gyneco_1001 are now next =)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
hey mtl.  I was there in the waiting room starting around 8:30.  The tv was there to my left and it was on the news about the chilian miners being rescued.  I too, took guesses at who might be there for the same thing, but who knows.

Dr. Fielding didn't tell me about the digging, but did seem surprised about the size of the glands when describing them to me.  Also I had the same amount of fat in the moobs.  It was sore, but I have to say having my appendix removed was more pain then this but this is a close second.

I can't wait to take the foam pads off in a week either, even to get a general idea.  After I had it done I told some friends/family and most told me that they never even thought I had Moobs, so I guess I hid it well.  My brother in law is now going to look into getting it done as well.

fun and worth it I have to say

Hey guys, surgery was done yesterday morning at 9AM! I spent the entire day at the hospital and left today at 10AM.

Also, BS on it feeling like a chest workout lol. That was probably the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I couldn't move. They gave me morphine twice, percocet once, and tylenol + codeine twice. Also I'm at home now with a prescription of tylenol + codeine.

I don't know how anyone can be discharged the day of lol. Dr Fielding told me why I would be in pain though, he said that my glands were so far deep and stuck to my pectorals that they had to claw in there and get it. He said at first it looked like I didn't have much in there, that he was about to take out glands the size of a walnut, but after "digging" in there he removed a gland that was approx. 5 inches long and 3 inches wide. The glands were really spread out far beyond my nipples.

Also he said that that is why my pectorals were randomly doing spasms. Because they scratched my pectorals or something. They also removed 200 cc of fat on each side.

I can't wait to take off the foam pads in 5 days to check out the preliminary results!

My pre-op pictures are on page 3 in case any one was curious.

it feels so good to be on "the other side" hehe :) Maybe it was the morphine still doing it's talking but I was all smiles walking in Toronto on my way to the coach canada bus station haha.

Also Darth menace, that's great. I don't know if I saw you or not, I was looking out for someone young with gynecomastia and I didn't spot you.

And lamp, those look okay, in the paper that Dr. Fielding gave he said to maybe expect those "dents" you call them. Massage your nipples a few mins a day and wait a month and
it should correct itself.

Cheers guys I'll post update pics when I get them.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Yeah I was in the waiting room too, with the TV on my left on the miner rescue lol. I was in the waiting room from 7AM to 9PM, the only youngish dude I crossed was there with his girlfriend or something, was that you? Didn't notice moobs at all on him though.

Dr. Fielding was surprised at how much he took out of me too. But I'm stoked that it's that and not "I thought there would have been more" kinda thing.

I'm not telling any friends or family though. Don't trust any of them enough with this secret lol. I'm going to play it safe and cover up until I get the foam pads off. Then I'll start wearing t-shirts again and if they ask whats that garment under your t-shirt, I'll say that I hurt my chest bench pressing (same thing I said after I got just the lipo 6 months ago) and that this vest keeps it from moving too much.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thank you so much Dr. Bermant and GB. You guys are always helpful.

You're welcome...  ;)

I could never imagine anyone really being let go right after especially if its general anesthesia.

My surgery was at 11am and was released at 3pm the same day... My wife was there with me and she drove us home... Felt okay on the recovery ward... Was a tad chilly, so the nurse got me a pre-warmed blanky... Also my mouth was very dry... the nurse brought me an apple juice... Other than that, I was good-to-go...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Wow congrats to you Darth and Mtl. I feel like this is the class of 10' for gyne lol!

Congrats to the class of 2010!!!

Welcome to the 'Other Side' guys....  ;)

GB...

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
ya that was me i think.  hair cut too short that it looks military and my wife was there for a bit.  i guess your surgery was before mine.  I was to have mine at 10, but instead started at 1'ish.  glad to see i hid my moobs well.

nurse was nice too which made the hospital stay better

Yeah I was in the waiting room too, with the TV on my left on the miner rescue lol. I was in the waiting room from 7AM to 9PM, the only youngish dude I crossed was there with his girlfriend or something, was that you? Didn't notice moobs at all on him though.

Dr. Fielding was surprised at how much he took out of me too. But I'm stoked that it's that and not "I thought there would have been more" kinda thing.

I'm not telling any friends or family though. Don't trust any of them enough with this secret lol. I'm going to play it safe and cover up until I get the foam pads off. Then I'll start wearing t-shirts again and if they ask whats that garment under your t-shirt, I'll say that I hurt my chest bench pressing (same thing I said after I got just the lipo 6 months ago) and that this vest keeps it from moving too much.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
So your wife was the one with the blonde-orangey hair then? I was right in front of you before I got called, I was the 6'0, early 20's short dirty blond hair, sitting a meter in front of you for 10 mins haha. Your wife sat alone next to the TV, then you went to join her 2-3 minutes later eh? Then she left and I got called. Yeah didn't notice any moobs at all on you man. My surgery was supposed to be at 10AM, but it happened at 9AM. This funny anesthesia dude with some sort of irish accent came, we joked around a bit then he brought me to see Dr. Fielding. And yeah the nurses were super cool. There was this nice little asian lady who was real nice.

Is your torso itching like crazy though? I'm scratching myself every few secs, can't wait to get the foam pads off, after I'm gonna use the vest they gave me for my lipo 6 months ago, I found it to be a lot more comfortable, not itchy, more heavy duty material and a lot tighter. Idk, but this vest feels like a flimsy material, seems like an under armour would do the same.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
yes i am itching like crazy.  i'm going to keep mine on for a full week regardless though.  I dont wanna mess with it

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
We are very welcomed GB :P

Kinda cool that you guys saw each other. I also found my pecs above the pads and right below it got irritatingly itchy; mostly the top, and also my back eventually got itchy.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member

Kinda cool that you guys saw each other. I also found my pecs above the pads and right below it got irritatingly itchy; mostly the top, and also my back eventually got itchy.

yes my back is the itchiest part.  lamp-I think alot of the itch has to do with the healing process, which makes me envy you that you only got the nips done making the healing area alot smaller.  can't wait until tomorrow to take this crap off.  I feel as though people are staring at my chest now that I look huge hahah

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member

yes my back is the itchiest part.  lamp-I think alot of the itch has to do with the healing process, which makes me envy you that you only got the nips done making the healing area alot smaller.  can't wait until tomorrow to take this crap off.  I feel as though people are staring at my chest now that I look huge hahah

well i still consider myself still healing. my nipple area seems to be carrying a bit of fluid or some sort of swelling. i have the scar tissue right below the nips, and my nipples are real sensitive. im massaging my scar tissue on both nips to increase the healing on the indented areas, bit flat chested feels great! only problem is that i gained a bit a weight since.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
ya i too think I am gaining weight.  I first thought that this could be a diet week considering i can't work out, but I am on holidays and at family's house and it's not as though I can make my own food etc.

more importantly, I lost the sheet that they gave me for aftercare.  I know they said in 6-7 days after surgery to take off compression vest, padding, gauze, and put compression vest back on for another couple weeks.  What I forget is that they said to put cream on it, but I dont know what kind of cream and where/how often, etc etc.  I am going to take the vest off tomorrow and thought I should buy the cream for it very soon. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024