Author Topic: some questions  (Read 3030 times)

DeeDubStyle619

I am 22, and at 13, my nipples were very sore. I never noticed I had puffy nipples, until a couple years ago. I am getting closer to my saving goal towards getting surgery.
I am asking what types of tests do I have to go through after I find my PS?
After I do a consultation, and find the right surgeon, do we set a surgery date right then?
Does the total cost they give you, include everything?
My case is puffy nipples. My right is puffier than the left, is this a more difficult procedure, or easier?
How can I have somebody pick me up after surgery, without knowing what I have done?

Thats all I can think of right now, any help would me much appreciated.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your condition is stable, No change in a couple of years, then Your surgeon will order all the tests needed.
In the course of your initial exam by the surgeon, you will be asked about your condition and how long it has lasted. The surgeon is looking for clues that you may need further examination or treatment before surgery. If you answer all the questions honestly you will get the appropriate tests and treatment.
Grandpa Dan

DeeDubStyle619

Yea Im pretty sure its been stable for years, I just never knew what gyne was, so i assumed my nips were normal. Its pubertal, and I have never been overweight. Opinions?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member

some questions
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
I am 22, and at 13, my nipples were very sore. I never noticed I had puffy nipples, until a couple years ago. I am getting closer to my saving goal towards getting surgery.
I am asking what types of tests do I have to go through after I find my PS?
After I do a consultation, and find the right surgeon, do we set a surgery date right then?
Does the total cost they give you, include everything?
My case is puffy nipples. My right is puffier than the left, is this a more difficult procedure, or easier?
How can I have somebody pick me up after surgery, without knowing what I have done?

My plastic surgeon identified all the required lab tests and his costs included the charges for the lab tests. The only type of tests I had were lab tests.

After my initial consultation, I thought about it for a day or two and then called back and scheduled the surgery. I had to pre-pay at that time.

I had no costs other than the costs he outlined in the initial consultation. (However, I did have to write two separate checks: one for his office and a separate check for the nurse anesthetist.)

From your pics, it looks to me that your surgery will be very typical - not too difficult and not overly simple.

Unanimous pick-up after surgery? That's a tough one. Ask your surgeon if they can recommend a pick-up service.

Good luck!

DeeDubStyle619

I have about $3k saved. I want to get this surgery done as soon as I can, but don't know how long its gonna take for me to save for the total cost. I have no credit history, but I would like to pay $3k with my debit, and pay the rest on a care credit card.
Will carecredit loan me $1500 or so, with no credit history?
What do you mean prepay ddh? You had to pay a small amount of your total fee ahead of time, to schedule your surgery date?
After surgery is over, is there ever any bleeding that will be seen through a white shirt?
Last one, so I know what to expect, does it look like I need excision, lipo, or both?
Thanks again

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you have good established credit, it may be possible to finance all or part of the cost.

If you do not have even one friend who can pick you up and keep your confidence you have a lot more serious problem that Gynecomastia.

On a statistical basis, most Gynecomastia is well within the range of "normal." It is an embarrassment, but not necessarily abnormal.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I have about $3k saved. I want to get this surgery done as soon as I can, but don't know how long its gonna take for me to save for the total cost. I have no credit history, but I would like to pay $3k with my debit, and pay the rest on a care credit card.
Will carecredit loan me $1500 or so, with no credit history?
What do you mean prepay ddh? You had to pay a small amount of your total fee ahead of time, to schedule your surgery date?
After surgery is over, is there ever any bleeding that will be seen through a white shirt?
Last one, so I know what to expect, does it look like I need excision, lipo, or both?
Thanks again

If I remember correctly, I had to pay 50% of the cost at the time of scheduling the procedure and the remaining 50% ten days before the procedure.

I think it is rare that any bleeding would be seen through a white shirt. Any incisions are covered with gauze or bandages, and you wear a compression vest over that.

Excision, lipo or both? That can only be reliably answered by a plastic surgeon with lots of gyne experience.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Your gyne is typical puffy nipple. It is not uncommon for one side to be larger than the other. It is relatively easy to treat and is not uncommon to be done under local anesthesia, however this is up to the individual surgeon.  Hormonal testing is not typically required, but again your surgeon will advise.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

DeeDubStyle619

Thank you Dr. Cruise, your site is very informative. I have a consultation in 2 weeks. San Diego must be an expensive place to get this surgery done, I was given an average cost of $6000

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I'm glad you found our site helpful and informative. We feel that patient education is very important. The price you were quoted is certainly not out of line for a quality surgeon who has significant experience with gynecomastia. Best of luck..I'm glad you are taking the steps necessary toward correcting your gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024