Author Topic: Do nurses and nurses aids that see us shirtless, make fun of us?  (Read 3822 times)

Offline John16102

• Posting Member
When I was younger like in my late teens thru 20's, I feared that when I had to take my shirt off at the doctors office, that the nurse or aide would make fun of me behind my back. I lived in a smallish town where you knew everyone. Maybe they would talk about me and tell everyone that they knew about my big boobs. It used to be a problem for me when I was in my twenties...it was definitely pressure.

So back to my question. Do you think that women that work in medical offices talk about their patients that have gyne or are they professional about it. My guess is that it is split by their personality types. Nowadays, I take my shirt off in Drs. offices with no fear whatsoever. I feel that these nurses are more comfortable with you if she sees that you are very comfortable. Nowadays, I see things clearly, but when I was young I did not.

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
I can't speak for all Nurses, but in general, Nurses have to empathetic people so I would seriously doubt that they make fun of anyone.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Nurses and medical assistants are just people, usually very busy people. They're probably not going to take notice of anyone who is within a very generous normal range.

But, some nurses will chat among themselves if someone visits the office who is very unusual - whether the person is 40 pounds underweight, a man with big breasts, or a woman with a full beard. It is just human nature. Don't worry about it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As an Air Force Medic many years ago I worked in labor and delivery for a while. A woman who looked so good she would cause guys to have whiplash if seen on the street would attract little notice when in the hospital. When I was on duty, a nude female body was just more work. Generally, as a medic, individual oddities might be a subject of intellectual curiosity but not scorn or humor.

I never found someones embarrassing condition to be a source of humor. There are people of juvenile mentality who relish in the pain of others as a source of humor, but I doubt you'd find them working in a clinic. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
As an Air Force Medic many years ago I worked in labor and delivery for a while. A woman who looked so good she would cause guys to have whiplash if seen on the street would attract little notice when in the hospital. When I was on duty, a nude female body was just more work. Generally, as a medic, individual oddities might be a subject of intellectual curiosity but not scorn or humor.

I never found someones embarrassing condition to be a source of humor. There are people of juvenile mentality who relish in the pain of others as a source of humor, but I doubt you'd find them working in a clinic.  

x2...

Awesome post Dan...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
My ex is a nurse and a new one at that so you'd figure she'd come back telling me all kinds of stories since everything is new to her.  There's only one instance where she said anything to me about a patient and it was actually a compliment.  So the answer is, they see so much stuff, they probably don't think twice about it.

Offline TheCorrectedOne

• Posting Member
If someone has sufferd for 15 years like me (age 10-25) it just doesn't mater anymore  ;D  . I've encountered so many dirty smiles in my life that i can't even count them anymore. 
if you can't accept yourself, you're just living to die soon

Offline TheOregonKid

• Posting Member
Anyone whose opinion matters wouldn't laugh at you, especially since they are trained to know that it is a medical condition.  That being said, gyno DOES look terrible so it's inevitable that less savory individuals will mock its appearance.
“Whoever despises himself still esteems the despiser within himself” -Friedrich Nietzsche

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024