Author Topic: The Karidis Journey - Start to finish **22 Days Post Op NEW PIC**  (Read 21456 times)

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Well the day has finally arrived and I've checked into my room, filled out the forms, got into my gown, put on my circulation socks, been marked up and now waiting to go in for the surgery. Actually looking forward to it can't wait to see the results. Nice sunny day in London as well.

Once everything is done and I'm back in my hotel I'll do another update with pictures.

Nice one mate! I was in the same place as you this time last week. One week on I could not be happier! ;D

I hope the surgery went well for you and that you enjoy your new life. I'm lovin' mine!

Alex Karidis is the man!

Offline ad21

• Bronze Member
congrats dude! welcome to the other side

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Cheers guys. Need to keep vest and bandages on for 24 hrs so will take photos tomorrow without the vest on. Want to check results now but worth waiting. Been told keep everything on for 24 hrs then remove vest and bandages. Need to put waterproof bandages on before 1st shower. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Got another 2 nights in the hotel before heading home. Lucky brought my laptop with new movies, iPhone with VLC player on it, xbox with crysis 2 lol sorted for entertainment. Brought load of food with me as well. I'll get the pictures on tomorrow with more details about the experience.
Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Congrats mate. Just be careful when changing the dressings, my right nipple had been bleeding so it was all stuck to the dried blood on the dressing and as I've pulled it off, the scab's come off with it and opened up the wound again. Use scissors if you have to.

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Congrats mate. Just be careful when changing the dressings, my right nipple had been bleeding so it was all stuck to the dried blood on the dressing and as I've pulled it off, the scab's come off with it and opened up the wound again. Use scissors if you have to.

Yeah mine was covered in blood, so was extra careful peeling it back. Came off OK and successfully changed the dressings and had a long awaited shower.

I've got a lot of bruising and looks uneven, don't mind about the bruising but how long did everyones take to even out and swelling go down?

How often did you change the new dressings?

When did you start leaving the dressings off?

Thanks.

Offline MG12

• Posting Member
Hey, I freaked out a little when I saw my chest on day one when I changed my dressing, it was very uneven but I'm on day 4 now and it's all evened out pretty nicely. The compression vest helps get rid of the bumps and reduce the swelling. I don't have much swelling but I'm expecting it to keep swelling for a few more days.

As for the dressing, I've changed my armpit ones every day as they dont want to stay on, but the nipple ones are the same as I put on a day after surgery. Going to take them off this weekend after a week.

Think the sleeping sitting up has helped, though for me it's been pretty uncomfortable.

It will get better, just takes a while to sort itself out.

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Dr. Karidis removed 300g of fat from each side, 10g of gland from the left and 11g of gland from the right.

Before - 1 day

After - 1 Day

Offline thetodd

lookin very good mate, take it easy!

it doesnt look uneven from the pics, but theres no set time scale on swelling took maybe 3 weeks for me. and then the scar tissue sets in just take everyday as it comes it all evens out eventually

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
flatter than a pancake!! Happy days!

How you feeling on a scale of 1 - 10? Physically and mentally? 1 being shit and 10 being excellent.?

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Cheers guys. Feeling really good. Swollen and bruised but happy so far with results. Actually just drove home, 3 hrs which I'm sure they don't recommend but had shit night sleep. Hotel pretty noisy decided would have better recovery at home. Hotel even refunded the money which was good.

Drive was ok just held the bottom of the steering wheel.  Long journey but only had a bit extra swelling which went down within 30 mins of being at home.

Just had Chantelle call me to check up. Great service and time with karidis worth the money!

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Nice result mate! Karidis does it again... Those f*cking armpit plasters won't stay on though, will they! lol I took my plasters off 2 days post-op and have had no problems.

You didn't stay in the Crown Moran hotel perchance? The effing noise of traffic + men shouting in the street kept me awake all night. I wish I'd asked for my money back now.

I'm glad it's worked out well for you mate. :) Keep those pics rolling in.

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
The swelling should calm down over the next few days, I'm a week post-op now and both sides have evened out nicely.
The armpit dressings came off after a couple of days, the one on the left nipple came off after about 5 days and the one on the right's still on cos it's not healing as nice from when I ripped the scab off.
Pics look good mate, just chill now and let your body do the work.

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Nice result mate! Karidis does it again... Those f*cking armpit plasters won't stay on though, will they! lol I took my plasters off 2 days post-op and have had no problems.

You didn't stay in the Crown Moran hotel perchance? The effing noise of traffic + men shouting in the street kept me awake all night. I wish I'd asked for my money back now.

I'm glad it's worked out well for you mate. :) Keep those pics rolling in.

No stayed in the Best Western Palm Hotel, great staff and newly re-furbed but noisy guests and on a dual carriage way.

Only been 2 days and already the swelling has gone down, loving the results.

Put my 1st t-shirt on today, i know the vest is helping but everything is smooth as possible.

No gyno bumps out of the t shirt :)

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member

Sounds like a result!

Honestly, imagine if you had this condition 2000 years ago; as I'm sure some men did...

Oh, BTW, Tony Blair's got gyne! Talk about 'learning to live with it' ;D

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member

Sounds like a result!

Honestly, imagine if you had this condition 2000 years ago; as I'm sure some men did...

Oh, BTW, Tony Blair's got gyne! Talk about 'learning to live with it' ;D

Yeah still got a lot of recovery to do, hopefully see even more improvements.

Only been 48 hours.

No one would of cared back then, man boobs back then was the best of both worlds lol.

Damn 21st century!

Simon Cowell is another moob.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024