Author Topic: Risks of Gynecomastia Surgery  (Read 2869 times)

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
After researching the web and this forum it seems the risk of gynecomastia surgery is pretty low.
But, why do I keep worrying about going thru with it ? Do you guys feel the same way ?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Perhaps you are simply not ready yet. Some people never have surgery.

When the effects of having gynecomastia bother you more than your fears at the prospect of surgery then you'll go ahead with the surgery.

We each have our own set of priorities.

You are correct, the risks are slight if you have a well qualified surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Paa_Paw is absolutely correct.

There are many, many posts on this forum from guys who were afraid of surgery and then posted how easy it was for them.  However, you have to be ready to do it -- both physically and emotionally.

Yes, the risks of gyne surgery are quite low -- but all surgery has some risks.  You must do your research, visit several surgeons (and choose very very carefully) and then decide if you wish to proceed.  You should not be pushed into surgery by anyone -- it should be your decision alone.

Ultimately, you will know when you are ready -- or not.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Thanks guys I'am ready for this surgery just always worried that's how I'am by nature.
I will have it done this year this has taken on my life long enough.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good luck.  Choose your surgeon carefully -- and don't make your decision based on price alone.  You will enjoy the fine results of your surgery for the rest of your life -- long after the fee is forgotten.  Remember, the best chance for a good result is your first (and hopefully only) operation.

Dr Jacobs

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I agree, the risks of surgery are always there. You can either just accept the risks and go for it, or go on living your life just accepting this condition. 

Me, personally, I've spent too many years in button up shirts in 100 degree heat.  Too many years, making excuses not to go to the beach or pool.  At this point in my life, and believe me, I'm probably just as fearful or more fearful than you of the risks, I'm ready to finally do it. I plan on getting it done this year. Money is saved, and I'm already in the process of researching surgeons.

But anyhow, didn't mean to make this post about me. As for you, think about it man. you should just get it done and get on with your life. If it's something that bothers you enough to seek out an online message board, then it's something that you've thought about more than once.  But no worries, you're among friends here.  Good luck and keep us updated.

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Good point I have the money saved up to and this is the year that it gets done. I'm researching surgeons as well and it will get done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024