Author Topic: Gyno from testicular cancer  (Read 3280 times)

Offline balls

Hello,

I had testicular cancer which caused me gynecomastia. It's not painful but I naturally want it to be removed.
Has anyone else had gynecomastai because of testicular cancer?

Do you think insurance would cover the surgery, as the gyno was caused by a serious illness?

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Hello,

I had testicular cancer which caused me gynecomastia. It's not painful but I naturally want it to be removed.
Has anyone else had gynecomastai because of testicular cancer?

Do you think insurance would cover the surgery, as the gyno was caused by a serious illness?

It's common enough that many docs will perform a testicle exam on men who suffer from gynecomastia. You are certainly not alone.

If you are suffering from gynecomastia that you believe is a result of a hormone imbalance due to cancer, you need to see your doctor to get that stabilized.

As for insurance, you have a better shot than most. As always, you will need to check your policy documents to see if there is an exclusion for "benign gynecomastia." Second, you need to check the provider documentation on your insurer's website. That will tell you exactly what the insurance company expects from the provider (doctor) before the insurance company will cover the procedure. Insurance companies have differing policies on gynecomastia, so it's hard to say without knowing what insurance company you have, your particular group policy, and its exclusions. Nevertheless, become intimately familiar with the paperwork outlined above before you try to tackle it.

I would link you to some examples of provider documentation, but the forums now ban external links. Google "united healthcare gynecomastia" (first result) to get an idea of what you're looking for. You're looking for coverage determination outlines.

Offline balls

That's already a nice thing to know that i have a "better shot than most"! The cancer caused hormone imbalance which caused gyno (or actually made existing one worse). I received a hormonal treatment but it did not work for my gyno. I still have to get a balance in my hormones but that's not going to remove the gyno, that's a different issue now.

Would anyone recommend saying that my nipples hurt, even if they really don't, just to make sure insurance will cover it? I mean they are more sensitive than they used to be but they don't really hurt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024