Author Topic: First step- check!  (Read 1376 times)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
This is not huge news for anyone (except me- my first step to living a normal life)

I made 3 appointments with 3 different cosmetic surgeons in my area. The first one is next Monday and the last one is July 18th. Tomorrow I plan to make an appointment with an endocrinologist to make sure my hormones and everything else related are at their proper levels.

I dialed the first 9 numbers with my finger hovering over the 10th in the phone number and hung up. (like you see in the movies of a teenage boy afraid to call a girl) I couldn't get myself to call, I'm so mortified and anxious about it. But the 1st call made the 2nd easier, and the 2nd made the 3rd easier.

I just wanted to let it be known I took my first step today and hopefully will get this ball rolling really soon.
Perhaps a round of applause or a few pat on the backs for encouragement?

I love all of you guys. You are my support. My "anonymous brothers". In a way knowing you are all out there and we all support one another makes me feel like I have a good friend to come to when things get rough. Thank you all.

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
A big pat on the back! Then a high five and the secret I-live-with-gyne-but-soon-to-be-no-more handshake. Once you start talking to docs about it, it gets easier, plus I bet you feel a lot better already [even if at this stage it's just about waiting for appointments]. Have to agree with you, whilst this site obviously has a dedicated userbase - people who come to look for info, surgeons who are here to post advice, people who hang around well after surgery to offer some self-experience, the best thing about this site, is talking to people who are having their ops at roughly the same time. I've felt alone and depressed for most of my teen life, but there's something wonderfully relieving about, even if it's completely anonymous, being able to talk to people who are going through the exact same thing as you and trying to move forward towards a "normal" appearence, perhaps individually, but united in spirit.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
^ where's the "like" button?

thanks scrabble!

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Make sure you are 100% comfortable with your surgeon before going forward. And keep us informed, brother.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Make sure you are 100% comfortable with your surgeon before going forward. And keep us informed, brother.

Absolutely. That's why I'll be consulting with at least these 3, but probably another 2-3 more if these 3 don't make me feel 100% confident.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024