Author Topic: Consultation & surgery  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Kill3rK

• Posting Member

Had consultation today but have some more questions.
« on: Today at 01:41:13 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
Ok, I tried posting in my last post ut for some reason I couldn't. I had my consultation today, and I love my doctor. Him and his staff are incredibly nice, and they are very comforting. He took me in his office and we shot the shi* for awhile with one of the nurses talking about twitter and facebook. Then we got down to business. I have an extensive family history of medical problems, heart surgeries, diabetes, MS, ECT. And he seemed very concerned about it. Then we got to the real issue: my gynecomastia.

He said that most of my breasts are gland, and that it would definitely have to be removed. He also said that because my gland was so big, he is going to have to take it via an incision near my armpit. I told him my concerns about scarring, and that because I am so young, I don't want scars to be to visible. He said that because of my skin tone it shouldn't be that visible. I asked him how much tissue I have and if he thinks it would be more then 350gm and he said it would probably be about 150cc which is about 350-375gm. But I can't recall if he said in total or from each breast. He Also said I will have the drains for a few days.

I told him prior to my consult with him, I have been in constant contact with my insurance company, and
they told me that I need a minimum of 350gm removed from each breast. He said that 350gm is a lot of tissue and that most likely I will not have that much tissue. But he said he would have his nurses send the insurance company the information, along with the pictures he took, and hope for the best. I did not schedule the surgery because I can't get it unless insurance covers it.

I'm hoping the insurance company will cover it, I'm a college student with no credit.
Basically my question is, is removing the gland from the side near the armpit normal? Will there be a lot of scarring this way?

Offline Freedatlast

• Posting Member
I am certainly no doctor, but I recently had the surgery done (three weeks ago) and I can say that I had a bit of glandular tissue removed (not sure of the cc's, but maybe close to 100 on each side?) and a whopping liter of fatty tissue removed from each side of my chest (!!!!!!) so your case seems feasible to me. Good luck with insurance! I still have a long way to go to get all healed, but it seems well worth the money and inconvenience. The armpit thing is new to me, so can't comment there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024