Author Topic: When can I return to work after surgery?  (Read 6286 times)

Offline ihategyne7

• Posting Member
Hello, I am seriously considering gynecomastia surgery, and I am wondering, how long until I can return to work? I am 21, and I serve at restaurant, where they require me bring out plates of food, which at times, can be heavy. So, im hoping 2 weeks off should be enough time to recover? What do you guys think? Thank you, so much.

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
2 weeks... tricky..
you will need at least 3 weeks IMO and you'll be wearing the vest for 6 weeks too but it shouldnt be a problem..

Offline xelnaga13

I was back to work 2 days after my surgery . I had lipo and gland removal . However, I work with children and did have an incident with I had a child run into my chest... it was very painful and made me regret my choice to return to work . However, not everyone can afford to take off work... specially with this economy. There are many factors to consider like occupation and surgery specifics. I would discuss your exact case with your doctor.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I usually tell my patients that they may return to sedentary type of work (at a desk, on a computer, etc) within 3 days or so.  More physical work may require a longer convalescence -- or you may compromise your result.  Best to speak to your own surgeon and describe your work environment to him.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024