Author Topic: excuse for suregury when i return to work.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Chestdisgrace

• Posting Member
I need a good excuse that is believable for when i go back in. like "oh it was ____ surgery "   or "I hurt my back lifting something"  problem is i am  only 23 yo guy so it would sound a lie.

also will i be able to stand for 2-3 hours 1 week after surgery and lift 30 pounds. i dont want to hurt myself.

Offline xelnaga13

Nothing comes to mind... but I wouldn't tell the peanut gallery surgery unless you want 100 follow up questions. Office environments are boring so give an equally boring excuse and move on.

A lot of guys make the mistake of saying they had something removed... Why anyone would tell the office that is beyond me. You're just invite a mini pity party of concern about possible cancer.

A great jedi mind trick is to answer an inquiry with a short sentence than quickly ask them a question. This takes the topic control out of their hands and put you in the position to ask the questions.

Offline Ak49

• Posting Member
I was wondering the same thing.  I'm leaning towards just telling my boss it's embarrassing and I don't want to talk about it and as for anyone else ill try to avoid them even knowing.

Offline anoroc

• Posting Member
I pulled my back.  I even told people I was wearing a vest so as not to twist it in a weird way.  I told them it sometimes happens about once a year.

Offline xelnaga13

I was wondering the same thing.  I'm leaning towards just telling my boss it's embarrassing and I don't want to talk about it and as for anyone else ill try to avoid them even knowing.

I have to disagree. That type of excuse is what you should be trying to avoid. You don't want to leave them in a state of curiosity. Do you really want them wondering whats embarrassing?

BTW how many days are you missing? Can't you just take a personal day or vacation day.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Most compression vests are not noticeable under a shirt...

If someone does get suspicious and starts to ask questions, just tell them that you were excercising and pulled a muscle in your chest and need to wear a tensor vest for a few weeks... Muscles can be strained at any age dude... Being 'young' does not make you a 'Superman' and impervious to bodily harm...

Standing for a few hours at a time should not be a problem.

You should try to refrain from any lifting for the first few weeks. After that, do so with caution. Listen to your body! If there is any pain/discomfort, stop. Give your body a few more days to a week to heal, then try again...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Monkey83

When I go in for it I am saying Hernia surgery. A lot of dudes get it, it's in line with the recovery time from this surgery, and it also gives a legitimate reason for not lifting anything heavy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024