Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43323 times)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Nice to see you've made some really good progress in those recent pictures. Chest is looking nice and flat, wouldn't even know you've had surgery to be honest.. Just looks like a normal natural flat chest... I've heard of this feeling of post op ecstasy, can't wait to experience that myself. 1 month to go for me :)

if you don't mind me asking, what did your first session back at the gym involve? I've read some people wait 8 weeks before going back training chest and even then take it very light. Paying attention to good form and taking it easy at this time is good, remember you've just had surgery so no heavy sets for awhile. I think il give it at least 6 weeks before even thinking about the gym and then build up to what I'm lifting now. Not looking forward to the loss in the strength I'm gona experience in the gym post op but oh well.
Gyno free :)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
7 weeks for me and I still feel like I would be pushing it doing anything that requires chest.  Did a bit jumprope the other day and my chest was fizzing on both sides afterwards and it only usually gives me jip on the right.  I have about 96 percent movement I'd say, feels tighter before massage mind you. Then it's almost gone straight after a 5-10 min rub.  I plan to start off doing some plyometric type stuff, tabatta training but without the faster moving stuff that requires jumping. 

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Thanks wingman.  I'm now 2 weeks post op and am really noticing the hard lumps that have developed in my chest so will keep up the massaging as you say.

Will keep following your thread.

The scar tissue can be quite intimidating but don't let it get to you. You're doing the right thing, just massage your chest at least once a day and they'll fade away.

Nice to see you've made some really good progress in those recent pictures. Chest is looking nice and flat, wouldn't even know you've had surgery to be honest.. Just looks like a normal natural flat chest... I've heard of this feeling of post op ecstasy, can't wait to experience that myself. 1 month to go for me :)

if you don't mind me asking, what did your first session back at the gym involve? I've read some people wait 8 weeks before going back training chest and even then take it very light. Paying attention to good form and taking it easy at this time is good, remember you've just had surgery so no heavy sets for awhile. I think il give it at least 6 weeks before even thinking about the gym and then build up to what I'm lifting now. Not looking forward to the loss in the strength I'm gona experience in the gym post op but oh well.

The time has passed so quickly, before you know it you'll have had the surgery done and be well on your way to recovery.

I work out at home with my own equipment and I started around four and a half weeks post op but started very gently with the weights (5KG each arm).

I performed hammer curls, bicep curls, flies (careful not to stretch chest too much), push ups (diamond and normal, no wide push ups!!) and sit ups.

Now I'm six weeks post op, the last few days I've been doing pull ups and increased the weight of the curls to 15KG (what I was out pre-op).

I have no sensation/tenderness when exercising but would warn everyone to exercise extreme caution when getting back into your work outs. If I had more will power I would have left working out until at least ten weeks post op but I am stubborn guy and inherently missed working out, even mere days post op, so needed wanted to get back into it.

7 weeks for me and I still feel like I would be pushing it doing anything that requires chest.  Did a bit jumprope the other day and my chest was fizzing on both sides afterwards and it only usually gives me jip on the right.  I have about 96 percent movement I'd say, feels tighter before massage mind you. Then it's almost gone straight after a 5-10 min rub.  I plan to start off doing some plyometric type stuff, tabatta training but without the faster moving stuff that requires jumping. 

Everyone reacts differently to the surgery (just look at my rash a few pages back  :o) but since working out I've never felt like it was too much at all. I have 100% movement back now and do not feel pain when stretching but this is only since a couple of days ago.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Need to agree, you're lookin good Wingman you must be chuffed!

Quick couple of questions, when you booked, were you sent an information pack advising pre op preparations, compression vests etc?

And also what time were you discharged the next day? I need to know for timing it for the train, don't want to be hanging about too long.

Ricardo

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Need to agree, you're lookin good Wingman you must be chuffed!

Quick couple of questions, when you booked, were you sent an information pack advising pre op preparations, compression vests etc?

And also what time were you discharged the next day? I need to know for timing it for the train, don't want to be hanging about too long.

Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo!

I e-mailed Dr Levick's PA and got a booking date for the consultation, it was only when I had the consultation that all the information was provided to me (compression vests, diet, exercise, whether surgery is right for you etc).

So yes, you will get all that information when you have the consultation with Dr Levick.

I was discharged at around 10:30am the next morning, I think this is the standard time as Ollie (a member of the forum who had surgery the same day as me) also left at that same time. They aim to get you out for 10am.

The very best of luck with your corrective surgery. You won't need it, however, as you'll be in the most capable of hands.

If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me here or via PM.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
I'm like you, I doubt il be able to leave it ten weeks without hitting the weight but we'll see how it goes... I've just received my information pack and it states that departure on the day after surgery has to be by 11am. I was told at my consultation that they'd probably get me in at 9am for removal of the drains and then you're free to go after. I've booked my train back at 1pm just incase.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I just started back at the gym this week, 8 weeks post.  Trained like an old lady for half an hour, included 3 sets of bench with 20kgs plus the bar, felt ok and still does today.  Only thing that felt weird was doing a shoulder press to full extent, chest still a tiny bit pulling/tight, doesn't hurt more of a sensation.  Did a round of interval kettlebells today and some push ups, chest remained normal, got a little pump, chuffed with that ;)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Hey guys, quick little update. 7 weeks post op, and feeling pretty great about the surgery and recovery process.

I've took some more pictures, after I'd done 20 minutes of massaging with Bio Oil. There's still some swelling at the top of the chest, but everyday the recovery and sculpture of the chest continues to improve.

Any questions, as always, please get in touch.

Thanks again all. 

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Looking mighty fine!  - I think most people would be pleased with a result even half as good as you've got!

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Looking mighty fine!  - I think most people would be pleased with a result even half as good as you've got!

Thank you, I am exceptionally grateful for my results. I wish every other gynecomastia sufferer the same experience I have been so fortunate to have with regards to surgery and recovery.

Quick update.

60 Days Post Op.

Periodically wearing the compression vest at night, normally after a particularly brutal workout. I am working out five days a week, all anaerobic. Light dumbbells <15KG and light barbell 30KG (curls) - 60KG (deadlifts).

Chest is still tight in the mornings and after a workout, however this goes straight away after massaging with Bio Oil.

Still rollercoasting (is that even a word...?) with the recovery. Sometimes I'm not happy with the result, other times I'm euphoric. With no real reasons for each.

I've spent the last 10 years of my life with gynecomastia and only the last 60 days without. I guess the mental implications (not even staring on the physical ones) are going to take some time to sink in. This will ultimately impact patients on an individual basis.

Onto the pics!  

As always, if anyone has any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me either here or on a PM.

Thanks again all.

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Wingman: Looks great. Look like that's how you're chest always have looked :D
 Keep hitting the gym, and look forward to next summer  ;)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Your results are looking great. I'm now 5 days post op and taking the bandages off tomorrow. ive just been reading through your updates and it's interesting relating it to how I've been recovering and feeling post op. you started massaging around 15 days post op? Any particular method you'd recommend? I've got bio oil ready to go. After tomorrow I run out of antibiotics and pain killers. Still taking arnica (when I remember) and have paracetamol should I need it but I'm not in any pain. Just can't wait to get the bandages off and see what it's like.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Your results are looking great. I'm now 5 days post op and taking the bandages off tomorrow. ive just been reading through your updates and it's interesting relating it to how I've been recovering and feeling post op. you started massaging around 15 days post op? Any particular method you'd recommend? I've got bio oil ready to go. After tomorrow I run out of antibiotics and pain killers. Still taking arnica (when I remember) and have paracetamol should I need it but I'm not in any pain. Just can't wait to get the bandages off and see what it's like.

Thanks Pez, glad things are going well for you! You will continue to improve day in day out.

Massaging wise I started massaging once a day for fifteen minutes, generally circular movements all over the chest and near the incisions with the bio oil, hard and soft pressure where you feel necessary.

Offline terre

• Bronze Member
wow these are really fantastic results! congratulations for you! im very similiar to how you were pre op and this motivates me alot :) i've already been at a ps which was very good, but however didn't book a time for operation, i'm having a real hard time telling anyone :/

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Wingman, hows it going? Any updates? Issues?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024