Author Topic: Can Testosterone cure Gynecomastia?  (Read 6346 times)

Offline repose

I'm getting checked for testosterone levels.

If I get some will this reduce it?I have little fat on my chest and i believe it is a very minor case of glandular gyn. You can't notice it much with my shirt off, especially in the cold, and with it on you can see two little points not much. It's only really in one nipple. I don't really have 5K to spend on it. I'm only 21.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
It all depends. Depends on your hormones though, if you go to an endo and all is well get a blood test, mamogram, and hormone check will tell you. If you are normal or somewhere in the normal range for these and nothing is noticeably out of the ordinary I don't think testosterone would do much good. Since you are 21 years old I also don't think it will go away on its own. So first set up an appointment with a doctor or and endo. You probably if everything is pretty normal are looking at surgery for your only real option. I suggest going to an endo first and if everything is okay then you probably want to look into surgery if it bothers you. I understand, even the most mild of cases can be very bothersome. But, ya I would go to an endo first. I am fine hormone and blood wise and everything is functioning proper. Had to know just in case. Now I am on the road to surgery in a few months. It takes time with everything but, one day you will take care of it and won't have to worry about it. But, as I said before if it bothers you take care of it. Good luck and sorry to hear the devistating gyne has affected you too.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
My mistake about typing go to an endo first like 10 times, was reading your post to fast.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your testosterone level is normal, The answer is probably no.

Ironically, If you take steroids like testosterone and your testosterone levels were normal to high you would then have an excess.  The body can and often does react to this excess by slowing or stopping the normal production of testosterone and converting the surplus to Estrogen which will have an effect on your breasts which you do not want.

Wait for the test results and follow your Doctors advice.

Good luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024