Author Topic: MMA Fighter with gyne  (Read 4824 times)

Monkey83

Noticed this when watching a certain event. Anyway the reason I am posting it is because I think it show what gyne looks like most of the time, and why most women don't make a big deal about it but guys blow it up in their mind.

Offline xelnaga13

Good point. I hardly ever think about other guys gyne when I see it. I think some gyne is the rule these days, specially if the guy is a little over weight. Typically Im only critical of myself, and see others chests as being " perfectly fine".

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some Summer evening when it is too hot to do much anyway and sitting in an air Conditioned mall sounds like a really good idea. Go to a shopping mall and find a place to sit where you can watch the passing shoppers. Note how many men obviously have Gynecomastia, Then note how many are slouching or stoop shouldered to conceal the condition. Then take note of how many men are obviously wearing way too much for the season probably in an attempt to hide the condition.

Look at the guys who stand tall and proud even though they obviously have some surplus on their chest.

Then promise yourself never to slouch and look sloppy, Never to wear way more than the season calls for. Promise yourself to stand tall and proud no matter what.

Finally, promise yourself never to think of yourself as odd or freakish in any way.

Most of us suffer in silence sithout actually realizing just how common this condition really is.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:04:00 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

Some Summer evening when it is too hot to do much anyway and sitting in an air Conditioned mall sounds like a really good idea. Go to a shopping mall and find a place to sit where you can watch the passing shoppers. Note how many men obviously have Gynecomastia, Then note how many are slouching or stoop shouldered to conceal the condition. Then take note of how many men are obviously wearing way too much for the season probably in an attempt to hide the condition.

Look at the guys who stand tall and proud even though they obviously have some surplus on their chest.

Then promise yourself never to slouch and look sloppy, Never to wear way more than the seson calls for. Promise yourself to stand tall and proud no matter what.

Finally, promise yourself never to think of yourself as odd or freakish in any way.

Most of us suffer in silence sithout actually realizing just how common this condition really is.

Perfectly put. The same tactics used to conceal the condition draw further attention to it, making it a self fulfilling prophecy.

Typically major insecurities becomes less and less socially acceptable as we get older. One expects to see an awkward 14 year old slouched over at the mall, but not a grown man.

hammer

When I was the size of the guy in the picture I never even thought of it! I wasn't until about another two inches larger or so it started to hit me. At his size I was still swimming and going without a shirt all the time.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
Excellent responses. 

I have made similar observations during my lunchtime walks in downtown Atlanta, GA. As a guess, about 40% of the men have some type of gynecomastia. I made similar observations in Chicago during a business trip and other places too.

Someone said, one’s perception is reality. I have observed others with a gynecomastia appearance. Their condition does not appear to bother them based on what they wear.  My perception has changed.  Why should I let what others (may) think control me? Now I do not worry about what others think. I wear tee shirts and pullovers; observe odd looks once and a while, and it does not bother me (truthfully just a little).  However the looks are not a controlling factor.

Just for information, I am 55,recently retired and have a moderate case of gynecomastia. Because of age, there is not the peer pressure issue/stress.

hammer

I have seen on two news programs that up to 60% of males will get some form of gynecomastia at some time in their life! Not all will continue with it forever of coarse!

I myself have had to many other thing happen that over shadowed the double D's that I ended up with as a result of losing my testicals. If someone has a problem with the fact that I have these big "girls" by no fault or choice of my own it is there problem, not mine!

Monkey83

I still plan on getting the surgery and all, I had planned on doing it in December, but I have to get down to my ideal body weight first. When I watched that fight it helped me put things in perspective. Makes it a little easier as I am waiting.

hammer

I could find a lot of other things to do with the money! Putting a walkin bath tub would be one of the first things one the list, or finish remodeling the kitchen for my wife would be another.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Excellent responses. 

I have made similar observations during my lunchtime walks in downtown Atlanta, GA. As a guess, about 40% of the men have some type of gynecomastia. I made similar observations in Chicago during a business trip and other places too.

Someone said, one’s perception is reality. I have observed others with a gynecomastia appearance. Their condition does not appear to bother them based on what they wear.  My perception has changed.  Why should I let what others (may) think control me? Now I do not worry about what others think. I wear tee shirts and pullovers; observe odd looks once and a while, and it does not bother me (truthfully just a little).  However the looks are not a controlling factor.

Just for information, I am 55,recently retired and have a moderate case of gynecomastia. Because of age, there is not the peer pressure issue/stress.

I had a very similiar experience but it was more than 15 years ago soon after the arrival of "business casual" to the office space. As guys began to replace their suit jackets, dress shirts and ties with more casual shirts and particularly knit/golf shirts I noticed more amd more men with gynecomastia.  This was an eye-opener for me on many fronts.  First there was the realization that many other men had gyno and I was not unique.  But more importantly they were quite comfortable with having breasts and were making no effort to conceal or mask their condition.  Additionally it was apparent that the passing public were oblivious to these guys and their something extra.  Having experienced a great deal of teasing as a teenager with gyno it was now evident that in the adult world a man with gyno was a non-event. This was the beginning of my coming to terms with gyno and life changer as I began to make less and less effort to conceal having breasts wearing T-shirts, knit shirts etc. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024