Author Topic: back for surgery following NHS lipo suction only in 2007 (Mr K S A Mehboob Ali)  (Read 3330 times)

Offline m64

Good Evening Guys,

I'd firstly like to say having spent a week reading through peoples experiences and the support people have given. It has given me the courage to get myself sorted.

A little bit about my story, back in 2007 i was diagnosed with Gynecomastia, a little time after i was offered surgery which i took, During the consultation they did discuss both excision and lipo, but i was left with the unfortunate issue that they only carried out lipo suction on the area, which from there words was as if they were doing me a favor doing it this was as it saved me the scars etc... anyway coming round from the surgery and realizing liposuction was all they had done had me very anxious with what the results would be like and i was right with my thinking as although it did improve the area the puffy nipples still existed, this hit me pretty hard and its took till now really to decide to sort it properly.

I looked a private surgery but at the moment its just out the question for financial reasons. So i decided to go back to my GP this week to discuss which he agreed and booked an appointment in 2 weeks with the plastic surgery department at my local hospital Russell's Hall in Dudley, Faster than i expected but really pleased.

The consultant i believe i will be seeing is Mr K S A Mehboob Ali, has any one ever had any experience with this guy ? or Russell's hall hospital in general in the last couple of years regarding Gyne surgery ?

Sorry for all the text but i wanted to try and get it written down.

Cheers

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
interesting name of the surgeon, quite appt..lol

Personally have never heard of him.  I always feel that nhs surgeons seem to not quite grasp the need to get this absolutely right and really like you say its more of doing you a favour if anything so you should be happy either way - absolutely not.. Its NOT free its paid for by the national insurace you pay.. 

You should make certain he removes gland as with puffy nipples from what i know there is no other way to sort them.

I would most definitely ask for previous examples of his work and if he cant provide these ask why.  After all mate it may be on the nhs but its still your body and effects you every day and will do so after surgery so you need all the facts and details of what this guy is about.

Sorry to sound a bit blunt but seeing as you had one not so great experience you should just make certain the surgeon is the right man for the job.

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
The guy is probably decent, he has done some work on breasts: forum.sofeminine.co.uk/forum/f52/__f2914_f52-Mr-mehboob-ali-anyone-had-him.html but certainly doesn't have the same reputation as Karidis or Levick on this site.

Karidis & Levick state how many operations they do per year etc on their website, so ask him for sure. Ask for pictures of his work as well!
Levick does average of 42 per year, Karidis says he has done 80 per year.

Its worth pointing out according to baaps stats: guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/jan/28/uk-plastic-surgery-statistics-brow-lifts
642 men had breast reduction surgery last year (not all surgeons are a member of baaps btw). That means that 81% of people go elsewhere. So surely there must be other decent surgeons in the UK?

Offline m64

hello guys ,

thanks for your replies, sorry for the late reply been really busy.

Have my appointment on this Tuesday 19th with the consultant, Hopefully one more step to getting this issue sorted once and for all.

Cheers

Offline m64

Hi,

Thought i would just give an update on this as i had my consultation today with Mr Ali.

Kinda depressed about it to be honest as they seem to gloss over the nature of this problem we have, Firstly he said i had the tissue there and no weight loss would help but then goes on to tell me that i would not be considered until i am at least 73kg i am currently 80-82kg, He even told me that his chest looked like my and tried as if to make it sound normal and gave me alot of talk about how much cuts etc etc the NHS have made regarding the issue of gyne, So now my options with him are that in 6 months when i am at 73kg weight i will be considered and he will give me the pros and cons of the surgery etc and give me his opinion on how he can get it looking.

It was also sods law that it was pretty cold so my nipples didnt have the puffy look as normal :S

I will try and post some pics up to show my gyne and see what folks think on here.

Thanks and apologies for the wall of text kinda felt really disheartened after today really

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Sorry it didn't go as you planned..

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope it works out for ya.

With regards to pro's and cons- well if you search long and hard on here you will find loads, and in my opinion there are more pros than cons, it really does change your life.  Have a good browse on here for good surgeons and there work, and maybe book a consultation, it may cost you 100 quid or less but trust me it will put you mind at ease.

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024