Author Topic: Question about post-surgery treatment  (Read 1528 times)

Offline alex09

I had gynecomastia surgery 6 days ago. After the surgery the right side on my chest was quite swollen, almost deformed. I was not too worried since I read that this could happen and it was only just after surgery. I went back to the clinic a day after for an appointment with the surgeon. He drained it and said that that does not normally happen. A few hours later my right breast was swollen again although it was not as bad as after surgery. I went to see the surgeon the day after and he drained it again. Now because of this my right breast is all bruised, sort of pink/reddish in color and the swelling has not gone yet. I have started wearing the compression garment but it is really uncomfortable. I have another appointment with my doctor in 3 days. My concern is not so much the swelling. But the fact that the two cuts have not scarred yet. The cut is still open. Blood does not dribble out of it, but once you apply a dressing you see a small blood stain. Yesterday I decided to take off the garment to see if it changed( I also needed to wash it), but the cuts won't heal yet. Maybe it's too early. One of them is just where the doctor made the incision underneath the areola. The other one a bit higher on the chest, which I assume is where he drained the excess liquid from. Should I be worried about this? Also, because of the trauma other parts of my body have swollen/bruised. Parts of my abdomen, groin and chest now look red. Is this because of the garment? Has this happened to any other of you? Should I worry?
Also how much longer am I meant to have the swelling on my right breast? My left breast looks completely flat and it has already scarred with no issues there. Yet the right one looks as if I still had the same as pre-surgery if not bigger.  It just looks bad that I have now one man boob instead of two.
Should I still wear the compression garment? Is it meant to be really uncomfortable?
I would appreciate your help with this issue.
Thanks

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
Wear that germent and make sure it is tight! They are uncomfortable but they do help with swelling.  Also get a compression underarmour shirt to wear under it.  Best investment I ever made. I would leave dressing on your wounds and leave them alone.  Just make sure it stays clean.  I had swelling the first few days but went away fairly quickly cause I wore my compression vest religiously.  Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024