Author Topic: I need help with purchasing bras  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
I have a 44B chest and I'm having trouble finding some bras. I currently wear sports bras from Wal-Mart because they don't show around the neck and have good compression.

I'm wanting to get other bras but I'm trying to conceal by breasts and not enhance them while also trying to hide bra straps so they don't show at the neck of my shirts.

I can't wait to hear from other members......Thanks

hammer

This is not an easy task! It may take a professional fitting or a lot of trial and err!

I find that I like front close minimizes. I'm have double Ds so I can't really hid them but I can make them less noticeable. With the front closer you don't have the bumps in back. I also wear t-shirts one size to big and if in public a button down shirt if need be, open or closed depending on the weather.

I still haven't gone for a fitting but may do that one day myself on the advice of my doctor.

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
An understanding wife or girlfriend can be a great help, but a professional fitting would be even better in some ways.

Don't expect a good fitting at Walmart or most other stores either. A specialty shop that sells foundation garments would be more professional.
Grandpa Dan

Offline John16102

• Posting Member
I am a 46B and I buy my bras online at JMS (justmysize). You can search by size and you will have many to choose from.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi im a 46B and get the Danskin now sports bras or the FTL sports crop tops in 46 I did find on QVC Breezees sports bras they fit great but cant get anymore,as far as for fittings try Belks, JC Penny or Victorias Secret ,V/S deals  with a lot of men as customers !and they are the most helpful I have found just call ahead.hope this helps

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have done a lot of trial and error shopping, my wife as returned some of the purchases that didn't fit for me.  

I am planning on going to Soma (was to be tonight) on Monday to try on a couple bras that are on sale.  Calling ahead seems to help a lot.  The young woman was very helpful on the phone and considerate to my problem.  I did ask if I came in could I try a bra to make sure it fit, she said absolutely.  I didn't ask for a formal fitting, but I would think it would be ok to do.  We briefly discussed some of the issues I am having with fit and solutions.  

She said they would work out me being in a room when no one else is coming in/out to avoid embarrassment for both parties.  They have been down this road before by the sound of it. I am nervous as heck, but think it will work out ok.  I would like to have a professional opinion, I think I fit what size I have ok, but some bras do have some issues over the course of a day and others don't.  

I have heard that Lane Bryant Cacique is also very accommodating to men who need to be fitted, but have never been in a LB store before.  Some even say Victoria Secret it too, but I also haven't even thought much about trying there.  Soma is known to be very respecting and helpful to men who need fitting.  The bras from them are top notch quality fabrics and assembly.  

Call ahead and speak to them about what you would like to do.  If they don't seem to be willing to help find another store, but I think most commissioned sales will be helpful.  

I have plenty of sports bras, but don't like them for daily wear, they do flatten, but it does get uncomfortable for a long time wear.  Most cotton shapeless sports bras do very little to support, they do more to just provide a cloth covering. 

A regular bra is designed to be comfortable for the long haul.  But be cautious, some are designed to be projecting or making the breasts more pronounced.  I find the very few Playtex bras I have to be like that.   Comfortable, (remember the 18 hours sloagan?), so I wear under only certain shirts that it isn't noticed.  Vanity Fair 76380 is one of my favorites.  Super comfortable, tall sides, generous cups that are on the smaller side so they pull in well and don't push you outward.  Great for long time wearing.  Kohls has some on sale on the website for $13 right now.  You can't go wrong witha 76380 (or the 76080, the minimizer version).  Soma and VF 76380 are my favorites and what I wear all the time.  

aboywithgirls

I am also a big fan of Vanity Fair bras

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024