Author Topic: concerned  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ded75red

I have gynecomastia (I believe due to overweightness) and it has declined some since i have lost weight but the large nipples havent gone away at all. In cases were the condition is caused by weight, can weight loss ever get rid of the nipples?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
To answer your question correctly is to say that because your nipples are larger would mean that there is at least a small amount of glandular tissue causing the areolas to enlarge making the nipples larger or puffy. Keep losing weight because you will probably see more of a reduction. But, you cannot lose the glandular tissue by dieting or excercise. Check your nipples, surrounding your nipples, and around your chest for small hard lumps or anything hard. If it is all soft it is mostly fat. But, sometimes the gland can be as soft as fat still making the nipples puffy and even though it is soft it will still remain. So if you turn out to have some glandular gyne which I think you do and it sounds like you do. Heres what you should then do. Lose weight first and excercise and get down to an ideal weight and see what happens. If you still have a problem then you are most likely looking at surgery as the only corrective way. There should be a surgeon in your area that is skilled in this area and does free consultations. You should also go to an endo and get hormones/blood levels/estriadol levels checked. To make sure your body is functioning normally. Once that is accomplished you would be set to go without problems for surgery. But, it is up to you. Do you want a good reduction. Or do you want a total reduction and the nipples to return back to normal and not be puffy. It might take surgery in your case. But, first see what you can do and see what happens. And also go see a doc or go to a Plastic Surgeon and get some more opinions on what you should do in your case. I did and I am glad I did. Going through all the steps helps and determines your best option. Good luck and hopefully I was of some help.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I read somewhere, that the causes of puffy nips can sometimes be a mixture of fat and gland rather than just gland. Although I can't be sure on this.  :-/

If that is the case they may reduce some providing there is some fat there.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

As nothingworse said, consult an Endo and or a PS...

Good Luck!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Most Gynecomastia consists of fibrous glandular tissue growing in and through fatty tissue.

Obesity is a common cause of gynecomastia;  as the presence of excess fat tends to favor the conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen.

Weight loss will reduce, but not get rid of, Gynecomastia..
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024